60+ Pounds

Options
Oh boy is this scary. The natural inclination is to pick the MOST FLATTERING fat pictures you can find. I had to go to my friend's pictures to get a little honesty.

Obviously, I still have a long way to go. I'm about halfway to comfortably within my healthy weight range, but I've been meaning to post pictures for awhile. I started this March of last year at 262 pounds. Right now I'm clocking in at 197. The important stats are I'm 5'6" and 27 years old. I use Mederma lotion for my skin and I've been pleased with the results. I strength train and do about an hour of cardio most days.

When I'm behaving myself I go to the gym 5-6 days a week, although I've had months where it was much more sporadic than that. I've also had months where I lost nothing. I want to say between Halloween and Christmas I pretty much maintained. I live on Staten Island... so Hurricane Sandy was an experience.

Let's open it up with unabashed unflattering, I am in the purple. My sister is in the middle in black. Her species is Cheeto, presumably she was nervous around me given I liked them so much.
31534_1432058557984_2485182_n_zps22aa17a3.jpg

Blue shirt!
296958_636089549968_4030192_n_zps6d72cb24.jpg

We may call this picture the "Hungry Fairy Godmother."
13449_1250887148812_4633035_n_zps0706d5d3.jpg

A few weeks ago:
IMG952013021195095640_zps1e6984cf.jpg

I still have a ways to go, but I'm proud of how far I've come. My best advice to everyone is to be kind to yourself. I've dieted before, sometimes 20-30 pounds level success and sometimes in the way that immediately gets moved to next Monday because I put sugar in my coffee. I think the biggest difference now is I didn't really give a **** about being perfect. I started aiming to eat healthier, not just once a day and junk when I did, and incorporated exercise that was fun I'm still clearly unqualified to advise anyone on anything, but seriously, just be kind to yourself. Also, forgive me if I don't immediately respond to anyone. I'm going to post this and go run away so I don't have super massive regrets about some of these pictures.

Replies

• cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Be proud of yourself, not ashamed!
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well, you're my inspiration for the day! Well done, and I'll see you at 140 (I've started later than you so it'll probably take me a little longer to get there!)
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great!! Keep it going!!!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That's a great progress!
    I'm same height. I do not know if you have done JM 30DS, but even though I also go to the gym, it has really helped to give me definition around belly/love handles.
  • a9ramos
    a9ramos Posts: 7
    Options
    Looking fantastic! Thanks for sharing your positivity. I too always tried "diets" and would succeed, but then gain it all back and then some. This is my first attempt at just trying to be healthier overall. You are definitely on track!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    AWESOME AWESOME JOB!!!! :D
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!!!
  • Mbrowne55
    Mbrowne55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! What an amazing transformation. I know exactly what you mean about the 'unflattering' before pics but you are an incredible source of inspiration for many people.

Well done!
  • Dreams2bFit
    Options
    You look Amazing!! I am so impressed! I like the advice about being kind to yourself, I have jumped ship on so many diets because I made a mistake or two and then felt like I failed. This time around I'm just trying to get right back on the horse when I mess up ;) Anyway, Congrats!!!
  • terikd99
    terikd99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow--you look great. I can't wait to say I have lost over 60 pounds and can share some great pix. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • XAVTAY2
    XAVTAY2 Posts: 58
    Options
    Great Job..you look awesome...
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Cute dress!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!