What is YOUR main dietary change since MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    No Pizza
    No Chocolate/Sweets

Believe me both the above were serious issues. I still have a drink at the weekends (though not to excess)

I'm eating more 'fresh' food rather than pre-packaged. Like others my planning isn't the best yet (ran out of food and cash today lol) but it's getting better.
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Less wine. I miss my nightly glass (or 2) but I don't miss the weight that it was adding! :blushing:
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No Pizza
    No Chocolate/Sweets

Believe me both the above were serious issues. I still have a drink at the weekends (though not to excess)

I'm eating more 'fresh' food rather than pre-packaged. Like others my planning isn't the best yet (ran out of food and cash today lol) but it's getting better.

I'm bringing absolutely nothing to this convo with this post but i just have to say that your profile picture... AWESOME! haha
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Cutting down on idle snacking on sweets/chocolate. Instead of several handfuls of m&ms or reese's cups an evening, one small taste is enough.

And portion control, heating up leftovers the next day is OK.
  • Lightonmyfeet
    Options
    I've found myself eating more fruits and nuts instead of chips as a snack. I'm also trying to get myself to have a bigger breakfast, usually oatmeal.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I realized how much sugar I was consuming. A little here...a little there. I was wondering why the scale was not moving in the right direction.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Switching from sweet snacks to fruit.
    Cutting out regular soda, and I only have a diet soda a day (if that much)
    Drinking LOTS of water.
    Reading labels! I am obsessed with knowing what is in everything. I'm still learning and gradually adding more and more healthy food to what I eat every day. But some of this processed crap is scary.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Cutting back on serving sizes, MFP has gave me a rude awakening on how many calories are really in certain things like PASTA!

NO MC DONALDS!!!! Have not eaten it in 3 weeks!!! Still have terrible cravings though!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I'd say the main thing for me has been planning my meals and preparing them as much in advance as I can.

others....
    quality of food, I'm*cleaner* now
    my calories are more balanced throughout the day
    much less sodium
    measuring, everything!
    lower sugar intake
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My big two are portion control and picking up a package to see the nutrition info (or look up a takeout or restaurant ahead of time) to see what's really in my food. Before, I'd order or buy whatever looked good. Now I'm much more conscious of what i'm eating and how much of it I should be eating (or not eating it at all!). It's really helped me to cut out all the excess and get into a much healthier eating habit.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    We pretty much cut eating out all the time. Now we go out maybe once or twice a month instead of 3-4 times a week. Additionally, unless someone is sick, soda is no longer found in our house.