Frustrated....no change....2 weeks left

Options
I have been eating properly, drinking lots of water, and excising 3 times a week.....but no change whatsover. I even started running, and noticed I could run for longer spurts.

I am frustrated and I have 2 weeks left until the big day, and i wanted to know if anyone had ideas on what else I can try to lose a couple pounds. Or should I just resign myself to the fact that its too early to really notice a difference?

thanks for listening.

Replies

• mmshadell
    mmshadell Posts: 16
    Options
    I understand where your coming from- Ive been doing the same things and have barely lost any pounds. Just keep living healthy and the weight will come off- at least thats what i keep hearing.
  • ashley0424
    ashley0424 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it will for sure help at all but I have been told to add 1 tsp of pure apple cider vinegar to 3 of your glasses of water during the day. it has cleansing and purifying effects on the body and skin and it may help matabilize some of the built op fat in your system. I'm not a doctor but you may want to google it.

Ps. the first couple days of drinking it is really hard because it tastes soo awful but you'll get used to it in time. I'm trying it so I'll let you know if it works.
  • fowlmeli1093
    fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
    Options
    Post your food diary..maybe us MFP can offer some suggestions...
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    Im not sure how long you have been working out all together but it always takes a week (or more) to see the results from the day you do them. And even if the scale is not moving it does not mean your body is not changing! You are too close to the project so you might not see it. I am sure others will notice. Just keep it up and I am sure you will look amazing on your big day!
  • rosalie007
    Options
    hey...thats what I'm going through? I've been eating right and excercising atleast 3x a week and am still at the same weight.
  • cherylpoitevent
    cherylpoitevent Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I've been here before and I completely understand your frustration.

One of the things that helped me was to kick your body into shock mode -- right now it's use to the 3 time a week workout... push yourself a little harder try to do 4 per week or add an extra 10-15 minutes to your 3/day workouts. I can understand it will be hard, but I promise your body wont like it and your pounds will start to shed! :)

Good luck! :smile:
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    I don't know if it will for sure help at all but I have been told to add 1 tsp of pure apple cider vinegar to 3 of your glasses of water during the day. it has cleansing and purifying effects on the body and skin and it may help matabilize some of the built op fat in your system. I'm not a doctor but you may want to google it.

Ps. the first couple days of drinking it is really hard because it tastes soo awful but you'll get used to it in time. I'm trying it so I'll let you know if it works.

Be careful with purifing options... Cleansing is not just internal... you will likely see it in your skin as well. When you cleanse you push out all the bad stuff and this can affect your complextion. Also not a doctor but these are things I have noticed in the past.
  • bluemoonrise
    bluemoonrise Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of responses so quickly. thank you everyone for the support. Don't get me wrong, I know the whole weight loss process takes awhile and thats why it is hard to keep at it. I just got (still am)frustrated, and i don't want to ruin anything I have been doing so far by giving up and eating poorly. I work with a few people who are just naturally skinny after eating deep fried items for lunch after lunch, and here I am eating dressing-free salads, and nothing to show for it.

I will try to 'shock' my body as one of the suggestions - maybe do an extra brisk walk.

Autumn130 - good point about the cleansing having an impact on my skin, I definitely don't want that. I cut out dairy products, and noticed it on my skin within days, and I dont want to reverse any of it.

As a motivator, I keep telling myself how good I feel when I come back from a morning run.
    Even if I don't look changed on the outside, I am still doing my body good.

Thanks everyone, its nice to know you have also been through it, and understand where I am coming from.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    you are doing great. even if there is no outside change, you are becoming more healthy. keep it up! :)
    dawn