Sting like a bee

Options
Hey everyone feel free to add me if you would like, im new to fitness pal! I am 22 years old and trying to get back my motivation and get my *kitten* moving again to lose weight. In highschool I played field hockey and found that I was in the best shape of my life and it didnt feel like working out because I had FUN. After highschool i joined a local gym after noticing that I was gaining some weight, this didnt help me. Last week I sat down and thought about what I could do to help myself, join a community field hockey league? This didn't work with my current work schedule, so then I did some research and found Kickboxing. Awesome, a sport that works with my schedule and it kicks my *kitten*, which is what I need! I took my first class a couple of days ago, holyyyyy hell it was insane. It was an hour long but it feel like 3 hours and it was definitely the hardest workout ive ever had and it was actually a lot of fun. I was unbelievably sore for the next couple days and muscles were hurting that I didnt even know I could work out. This is exactly what I need, to be pushed above and beyond my limits. I need to feel pain; to feel sweaty and tired and to feel like im actually gaining something besides weight.

Replies

• success84
    success84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started my journey to a new lifestyle in January 2012. I lost 40lbs but i want to double that this year and shed 80. So far this year I've played around with the last 10lbs so although i technically have lost weight in the last 2 months, I'm still only 40lbs down lol anyway, i discovered this sight a few days ago and am really excited about it! I'd love to join your circle of friends and help support you in your journey to health and wellness!
  • Rochelle3491
    Rochelle3491 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so great! Congratulations on your past weight loss and good luck to your future! You sound very dedicated so Im sure you will able to lose those other 40 pounds! Thanks so much for your support! :smile:
  • Quadzilla4425
    Options
    Hey everyone feel free to add me if you would like, im new to fitness pal! I am 22 years old and trying to get back my motivation and get my *kitten* moving again to lose weight. In highschool I played field hockey and found that I was in the best shape of my life and it didnt feel like working out because I had FUN. After highschool i joined a local gym after noticing that I was gaining some weight, this didnt help me. Last week I sat down and thought about what I could do to help myself, join a community field hockey league? This didn't work with my current work schedule, so then I did some research and found Kickboxing. Awesome, a sport that works with my schedule and it kicks my *kitten*, which is what I need! I took my first class a couple of days ago, holyyyyy hell it was insane. It was an hour long but it feel like 3 hours and it was definitely the hardest workout ive ever had and it was actually a lot of fun. I was unbelievably sore for the next couple days and muscles were hurting that I didnt even know I could work out. This is exactly what I need, to be pushed above and beyond my limits. I need to feel pain; to feel sweaty and tired and to feel like im actually gaining something besides weight.

Welcome and good luck with your goals . . if after you review my profile and would like to add me I might be able to pass on a few suggestions. . . just remember to keep it fun and exciting and set daily small goals to keep yourself motivated throughout the day