4 wks of Butt Bible....just started 6 wk 6 pack !!

Options
Well I thought I would of seen more progress with the Butt Bible, I am now starting JM's 6 wk 6 pack and hoping to cut and tone my legs down more.... I am following a 1200 calorie per day diet and drinking a lot of water.... any other suggestions ?

25kj4ae.png

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you share your height/weight/activity level, I'm sure many people will have better suggestions for you about how many calories you should be eating. 1200 is too low of a target for most women.

Is there any possibility of gaining access to a gym? Toning up your legs and butt from their current state is actually going to be fairly easy from here. A basic strength training program based around squats and deadlifts will get you there fast. Probably in about 1/5th of the time it's going to take if you keep trying those fitness DVDs. The trick with the DVDs is that none of the people in them got in shape by using DVDs.

Check out this group to get the opinions of other women and their results from actual strength training.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • cathyproteau
    cathyproteau Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 6 inches and currently weigh 154 lbs..... I realize that those ladies in those videos did not get in the shape they are in by just doing the workouts on there... lol I do have a gym membership and am going to start going next week twice at least a week, maybe more.... depends on childcare as I have two at home still .... I do do my elliptical a few times per week and I do A LOT of squats and stiff leg deadlifts on my workout DVD (butt bible).....Is it possible I am not losing weight because I am not eating enough ?? I had started the Insanity work out and after two weeks I had to discontinue due to very bad ankle and shin splints... :( Hoping to get back to it soon hence why I am doing the Jillian Michaels DVD to strengthen my muscles in order to do Insanity again ... Thanks for your reply :)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does sound possible that you are not losing because you are not eating enough. You are very active and 1200 calories probably isn't enough.
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Remember to squeeze your buttocks together when doing the exercises, if you don't you are not using the full potential of the exercise :smile:
  • ayanna32
    ayanna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks Davpul, good info!
  • cathyproteau
    Options
    Remember to squeeze your buttocks together when doing the exercises, if you don't you are not using the full potential of the exercise :smile:

Oh I know I am squeezing and cracking those nuts like she says LOL.... :)
  • cathyproteau
    Options
    Yes, it does sound possible that you are not losing because you are not eating enough. You are very active and 1200 calories probably isn't enough.

I was kind of wondering that myself... thanks for your input.... I will bump up my calories to 1400 and see if that helps at all ... When I do two workouts per day I have a hard time eating enough to be 1200 net calories... I am realistically eating over 2100 now but I burn about 900 calories of that off in my workouts (have a watch HRM calorie thing) ....I am defenitly getting smaller size wise though and toning....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!