Short Woman Question

Options
I'm 4'9 and I've started out at 185 on January 8th and I'm now 165 per the scale this morning....

My question is when did/do you actually start to see a difference??? My clothes still fit the same and I dont have anymore enery! Yet the scale says I'm losing! I eat right and workout but my belly is still sitting on my thighs!

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NerdyJenn
    NerdyJenn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Have you altered both food and exercise? I'm not sure how that might impact your energy.

Bottom line, you're moving in the right direction but still might need to give it more time to feel all the changes. Consider taking measurements. I had to go up a jean size due to weight shifting off my gut and onto my butt (in a good way - but the change in jeans really confused me).

It also helped to have a body analysis done, so I knew that I had shifted my fat percentage down. That was some nice feedback as well.

Good job!
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Do you take measurements?
  • sonograssa
    Options
    Take measurements. Measure you waist, hips, thighs. You should notice a difference. Wow! 20lbs is wonderful! Keep going!
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and noticed a change when I started losing measurements, not so much lbs. Make sure to take before photos and measurements and take measurements/photos every 30 days. I BET you will see a difference in the photos. Do cardio and strength training 5 days a week and make healthy food choices (high protein) and you will melt the weight off ;)
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you're doing exercise, start doing weights. This will help you to start getting into shape, literally. Just dieting alone won't really alter your body shape until you've lost quite a bit, especially on us short gals!

I lost 33lbs before looking in the morror and saying to myself that I can see a difference, but because I've not being doing weight training or high intensity exercise, I have only dropped 1 dress size whereas girls my size and over and have lost less have dropped several!
  • tparke40
    tparke40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on losing so much!

Second, I'd compare pictures side by side. I'm 5'2" and I've lost 35 lbs. I feel like I look the same, but it's a huge difference when I look at the pictures.

Third, you might be swollen or carrying water weight due to a food intolerance and not showing your weight loss because of that. I'd see a doctor if you can about the possibility if you're really the same size.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    20lbs is a lot of weight for someone 4'9. Did you take pictures? Measurements? If not do it today! If your clothes were too small before they may just fit better now.
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    Ah, the old 'belly on the thighs' phenomenon! Sadly, I know it well.

I agree take measurements. Also, I KNOW that I've lost some of my fat hump that resides on the back of my neck where it meets the top of my back. (I know, not very glamorous...) Because when I look UP, there's not a big wad of fat hitting the back of my head.

It's a weird place to lose, but oddly the first place I noticed.

Plus, do your pants have lots of stretchy lycra in them? My jeans fit hasn't changed much and I think that's why.

TWENTY POUNDS is Excellent, by the way.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3/4", I started at 194. I think it took about 25-30lbs before I dropped a size. Then I dropped several sizes over the next 20-25. It was frustrating to lose 20 lbs and hardly see a difference, but I'm here to tell you that keep it up and you won't be disappointed. I've gone from a size 18 to size 6. And making it from 18 to 14 was more than half the battle.

Be proud of what you've accomplished so far. Your clothes and mirror will catch up soon!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm totally jealous. lol. I'm only down 12lbs from the beginning of the year (at 5'-0") and it's starting to make me irritable and twitchy. lol
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My jeans have gone from tight to loose with a twenty pound drop, but I can only it into one pair of my old jeans. The other pair doesn't fit over my thighs, yet.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My height and starting weight are very similar to yours, except that I'm 59 years old! I've lost 27 pounds. I could see a difference by 10 pounds, but I still have the belly. I have lost a lot through the hip area, but not as much through the belly, so pants are still hard to fit. I agree with the person who suggested strength training. That has done a lot more for me than cardio. I think I am always going to have a problem with the middle section.

Good luck in the rest of your journey. :happy:
  • serenitygranted11
    Options
    Thank you all!!!!!

I'm going to check my body fat tonight at bootcamp.... I have tried taking belly measurement only and they have not moved maybe i'm not doing it right!

I go to a high intensity bootcamp class twice a week which we do cardio and strength training... I'm also on a strict meal plan giving by my instructor.

I wear a size 14 in pants and they fit exactly the same.. I thought my scale was broken but if i step on other scales i'm normally a pound up or under what my home scale says!

I have done the pictures but i do take them too often I will try waiting 30 days because one day I can see the lost and others I loook like WHY am i working out and eating right for!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump