Help with 30%carbs, 35% protein, 35% fat

Options
IsleEsme
IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
Anyone else close to this ratio and have an open diary? Would love friends close to this ratio who log everyday. I just switched to using TDEE #'s last week and I like it a lot but I'm finding it hard to eat enough protein and fat without blowing my carbs out of the spectrum. I get nearly ALL of my carbs from fresh fruits and veggies. I log every day and workout 6-7 days a week.

Replies

• IsleEsme
    Options
    bumping...anyone
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like, my macros are 40% carb, 30% fat 30% protein - diary is open to friends
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Anyone else close to this ratio and have an open diary? Would love friends close to this ratio who log everyday. I just switched to using TDEE #'s last week and I like it a lot but I'm finding it hard to eat enough protein and fat without blowing my carbs out of the spectrum. I get nearly ALL of my carbs from fresh fruits and veggies. I log every day and workout 6-7 days a week.

Don't worry about silly ratios, get in adequate protein and fats and let the rest of your cals fall where they may
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Your macros should be based on grams and not percentages. Protein and fats should be a minimum.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Don't worry about silly ratios, get in adequate protein and fats and let the rest of your cals fall where they may
    Yes! Do this! Just hit you fat and protein and the carbs will fall where they fall.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Your macros should be based on grams and not percentages. Protein and fats should be a minimum.

MFP doesn't let you put your macros in by grams, only percentages.

I eat 40/30/30, but frequently go over on protein and am usually under on carbs, so you can check out my diary. I haven't been feeling that great the past few days, so a couple low days are not indicative of how I normally eat.
  • IsleEsme
    Options

Yes! Do this! Just hit you fat and protein and the carbs will fall where they fall.

Really??? I feel, speaking as a female I need to watch carbs. Yes, I eat them but want to WATCH them. I just barely got my head around upping my cals to go with macros and eating within my percentages. I don't think I'm ready to let carbs fall where they may. Honestly, it sounds scary.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Really??? I feel, speaking as a female I need to watch carbs. Yes, I eat them but want to WATCH them. I just barely got my head around upping my cals to go with macros and eating within my percentages. I don't think I'm ready to let carbs fall where they may. Honestly, it sounds scary.

do you experience a sudden gain in scale weight when you eat more carbs?

if so, it's not fat you're gaining, but water weight, due to your body storing more glycogen. This evens itself out after a while (which is why the advice is to not worry about sudden weight gains from upping carbs/cals but give your body time to adjust)

you have to eat 3500 calories over and above your TDEE to gain just one pound of fat. Any jumps in scale weight after upping your carbs or calories a bit is water weight. In fact, it's better for you to have more glycogen in your system than not have it. Focus on strengthening your body and feeding it to be strong. Don't fear scale weight gains, focus on inches lost.

Fat is gained slowly and it's lost slowly. Big, sudden changes in weight are changes in water weight.

If you're watching your carbs because of a medical condition, your doctor should be able to tell you how many grams you should eat.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    This is my exact ratio, add me ^_^
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I do 40% carbs, 25% protein, and 35% fat. You are welcome to look at my diary. I do lower protein because my body just doesn't agree with me if I eat any more that 25% protein. I base my protein on grams based on my weight, so that is also why it is lower. I let my carbs just manage themselves as long as I stay around my fat and protein goals.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I do that ratio, but rarely get my protien high enough. :(
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

MFP doesn't let you put your macros in by grams, only percentages.

I eat 40/30/30, but frequently go over on protein and am usually under on carbs, so you can check out my diary. I haven't been feeling that great the past few days, so a couple low days are not indicative of how I normally eat.

as you change the percentages in MFP, it shows you how many grams it would be...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I am a female and I do not watch my carbs. I make sure to get enough protein and fats and the rest land where they will. When I exercise, I actually try to get the balance as carbs as much as possible.
  • IsleEsme
    Options

I am a female and I do not watch my carbs. I make sure to get enough protein and fats and the rest land where they will. When I exercise, I actually try to get the balance as carbs as much as possible.

Hmmmm, I just looked at your profile. One of the million reasons I started this journey (again) is because I'm going to be 40 in August. I officially want your abs when I grow up :) Your ab pic is the reason I feel like I need to watch carbs but you don't watch them? Now I'm facinated. Great job. I'm working on those abs and I'm not awful but I fear letting myself get to big years ago may have ruined any chance I have for full muscle abs-boooo!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Feel free to browse through my diary, I'm at 35% carbs, 30% fat, 35% protein and I am generally very consistent (sometimes straying on the weekends but not too far).
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just recently did the same thing. I have mine set to40/30/30. I also get most carbs from fruit and veggies. Just ignore weekend in my diary it's not typical I've been sick so my carbs are higher.
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have started upping my protein count the last week or so! So I'm close to that ratio! (trying really hard) Feel free to add me! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Hmmmm, I just looked at your profile. One of the million reasons I started this journey (again) is because I'm going to be 40 in August. I officially want your abs when I grow up :) Your ab pic is the reason I feel like I need to watch carbs but you don't watch them? Now I'm facinated. Great job. I'm working on those abs and I'm not awful but I fear letting myself get to big years ago may have ruined any chance I have for full muscle abs-boooo!

Thank you.:flowerforyou:

No, I do not watch them at all. They are slightly set governed as I make sure I hit my protein and fat targets, but other than that I do not. When losing weight I was getting between about 150 - 250 g of carbs a day.

You can totally get into good shape. This may help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Also, I would highly recommend strength training if you do not already do so.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bump. Having same issues with 40/30/30. I eat too many carbs because of all my fruit :(
  • samfuturefit
    Options
    I just set my macros to 35/40/25... not too far from yours. I had no idea I could even do this, and it has helped me so much with monitoring my protein intake is enough. I don't know why MFP has the generic protein ratios so low, but depending on what you are doing to work out you probably wouldn't get enough protein using those percentages. Ever since I switched up my macros and have been eating more protein I have felt MUCH more full and have had more energy. At 105 lbs and a 1200/cal allowance a day, the default macros were making me feel tortured!

Anyway, anyone feel free to add me. I log everyday with the exception of some special weekends. I am currently starting my second month of ChaLEAN Extreme.