Advice: afternoon snack

Options
I'm going out for drinks later so I can't eat all the snacks I brought today. Which of these two things would you eat?

Fiber One chocolate chip and oats bar
Low fat string cheese stick
Dannon light and fit strawberry and cheesecake yogurt
150g of sliced tomatoes with a teaspoon of olive oil

I want to eat the two things that will keep me as full as possible until dinner.

Replies

• I would eat the yogurt and the fiber one bar or the tomatoes and the yogurt..
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I would skip the fibre one, drinks have lots of sugar and so do those fibreone bars. I would say cheese and yogurt and tomatoes and just be over a few cal's but feel full so you don't binge tonight :)
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate chip and oats bar for sure....

and maybe the low fat string cheese?
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I would go with the cheese and the tomatoes
  • TrixyHero
    TrixyHero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes are carbs. The cheese is protein. The bar is a mixture of both. For me, protein is the better choice because drinks are high in calories and carbs (sugar).
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    I would skip the fibre one, drinks have lots of sugar and so do those fibreone bars. I would say cheese and yogurt and tomatoes and just be over a few cal's but feel full so you don't binge tonight :)

I just bought a 10-bar box of the fiber one bars and I didn't realize the sugar content was so high. That's one of the reasons I was thinking of skipping that one...Someone else was saying to eat everything but that...I also have a 60 calorie no sugar pudding cup in the fridge but I think that will offer me the least nutrition of everything!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Mmmm pudding. I think you'd still enjoy the drinks over the pudding! Hope you have fun tonight :)
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Mmmm pudding. I think you'd still enjoy the drinks over the pudding! Hope you have fun tonight :)

You know it!

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    First, the alcohol, second the fiber far - high in sugar (which is actually high fructose corn syrup). The body burns alcohol before fat so you probably won't lose weight this week if you drink. Just a thought! :happy:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    The cheese and the tomatoes. You have fiber, protein, and fat, three things that will keep you full. Skip all the nasty sugar in your other choices. And veggies are always the right choice.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate chip and oats bar for sure....

and maybe the low fat string cheese?

Tomatos and string cheese. You have fat on the tomatos which will keep you fuller longer and the protein in the string cheese..........These are way more natural than the Yogurt or the Fiber One bar. Always opt for the most natural and less processed.

Stay far far away from the Fiber One Bars. That is why I hate companies such as General Mills, Kraft, Kelloggs, etc..........

They are marketing these things as healthy and they are anything but!!! Look at the ingredient list...............Yuck!!
    You would be better off eating a candy bar with as much sugar and other ingredients that these things have............

Fiber_One__Chewy_Bars__Oats_Chocolate__Nutrition_Label__Ingredients.jpg
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Here is the ingredient list for the yogurt............There is modified corn starch in it, aspartame and Splenda in it. They also have added fructose too.

Just an FYI :flowerforyou: ..........I try to limit foods to 5-6 ingredients or less on the label. Anything more than that and it is pretty processed.
    Product Details:
    Naturally & artificially flavored. Vit A&D & fructose, sucralose, aspartame & acesulfame K. 50% fewer calories than regular lowfat yogurt. 0% fat, 80 calories. Grade A. Contains active yogurt cultures including l. acidophilus. Dannon Light & Fit: 80 calories; 0 g fat. Regular Lowfat Yogurt: 170 calories, 2 g fat per 6 oz.

Ingredients:
    Nonfat Yogurt [Cultured Grade A Non Fat Milk, Modified Food Starch, Fructose, Kosher Gelatin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3], Water, Strawberries, Contains Less than 1% of Fructose, Modified Corn Starch, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Citrate, Aspartame, Potassium Sorbate (to Maintain Freshness), Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Red 40.

Warnings:
    Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    fiber one!!!
  • Lightonmyfeet
    Options
    Cheese and tomatoes.
    Try to stay away from the sugar in Fiber One.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cheese and tomato :)