Options
Hello All!!

Stats:
Starting weight: 148
Current weight:137
Goal weight:125
Height: 5'5
Female

Ok so I am sooo confused about how many calories i should be eating. I originally started on here about 2 months ago at 1200-1300 calories a day. I have been plateaued around 137 for several weeks now. I read about upping calories to get past a plateau, so i upped mine to around 1520. I don't think i ever could go over 1490 though, so i set that as my new goal. I've been eating around that for a few weeks now and i know it could be too soon to tell but i don't know if it's helping. I've avoided the scale for a couple weeks now. But my stomach looks slightly bigger and i dont feel as good about myself as i did a few weeks ago, i just feel the weight creeping back on and it's scaring me. I've read about doing a metabolism reboot where you eat your TDEE for 8-12 weeks so reset it, then cut to 15%. I'm not sure if i should do this or maybe just see how it goes for a few more weeks? I'm very confused and i feel very discouraged.

Does anyone have experience with rebooting metabolism or know if i should do it or not? I know it is mostly recommended for people who were on a very low calorie allowance for an extended period of time, so i'm not sure if this is my problem or not?

Help :(

My BMR is 1450
TDEE is 1740

Replies

• Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    try scoobysworkshop.com

according to them with my weight and to lose 20% body fat I need to eat 1600 calories a day

acoording to fit2fatradio I need to eat 1,528 calories since I am lighlty active.
  • Scottjt
    Scottjt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A good idea would be to put on some muscle. Adding muscle will make you look better and increase your BMR without having to stuff your face and wait for your metabolism to catch up. It's a win win! Sorry if you're already doing this.
    Also swap low intensity cardio for high intensity, it has less of a damaging effect on your metabolism.

I don't really understand 'rebooting' your metabolism and then cutting calories back afterwards. Your metabolism will just shrink again and you'll be back where you started. Maybe there's just something I'm not getting about this metabolism reboot thing?
  • alexeye11
    alexeye11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A good idea would be to put on some muscle. Adding muscle will make you look better and increase your BMR without having to stuff your face and wait for your metabolism to catch up. It's a win win! Sorry if you're already doing this.
    Also swap low intensity cardio for high intensity, it has less of a damaging effect on your metabolism.

I don't really understand 'rebooting' your metabolism and then cutting calories back afterwards. Your metabolism will just shrink again and you'll be back where you started. Maybe there's just something I'm not getting about this metabolism reboot thing?

I guess metabolism rebooting is more for people who were eating way too few calories, like 400-1000. And their metabolism was slowed down. They reboot by eating their TDEE for several weeks to get their metabolism to where it should be to maintain, then they cut around 15% of their TDEE so that their deficit is much smaller, but they still steadily lose weight without plateauing . This is what I've come to understand anyway lol. I just wasnt sure if i should reboot or skip that and just go to the 15% cut and let my body adjust from there, since i never had a severe deficit.

Sometimes i wish my body could just talk and tell me what i should do :laugh: