Losing the baby weight

Options
Hello! I'm a 28-year-old first time mom whose son is now 5 months old. Its really about time I kick my butt back into shape! :)

I struggled with weight all my life until about 4 years ago when I used diet and exercise to get down to around 122 pounds for my wedding. I'm back up to 153 now, which isn't my heaviest of 174, but it is still frustrating. I know, though, that I can lose the weight only if I really try and I'm grateful that there are communities such as this online that are so supportive!

I hope you are all doing well today!

Replies

• beckyh516
    beckyh516 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this site a couple days ago. I had a baby in April. My little girl will be 2 months old on Sunday.
    I lost 20 lbs after having her. Since then, I've put back on 10 of those lbs. Boo!! Too much sitting around with a newborn.

I have started eating better. Not perfect, but I am more aware of what I'm eating. Keeping a food journal really helps cut down on mindless eating.
    I also started going for walks with her, with my husband or with a neighbor of mine. I have never liked exercise. Walking I can do though! I like to go for walks.

I have 20 lbs to lose until I'm at my pre-baby weight. Then I'd have another 30 lbs until I'd be at a reasonable weight for my height. For now, my goal is to fit into my pre-baby pants.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm currently pregnant with my second child ;) 21 weeks.

My daughter is3 years old and it took alot of determination to shed the 55+ lbs I had gained with her. I started with Ten Minute Trainer through Beachbody and never looked back. I've since then done ChaLEAN Extreme and P90X. Becoming a Beachbody Coach has helped me stay accountable the most and has given me so much more motivation! I'm already mappingout my plan for after this baby is born!
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    After I had my baby,for months the only weight I had lost was the 8 pounds that he weighed-and the scale was starting to go up!I was absolutely desperate.Thank goodness for this site,it has helped me so much!
    Pop that baby into a jogging stroller,start running,and keep track of your calories.The weight WILL come off-and it will not cost you a single dime.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I can't help to share! There is a great group of women on here that are great supporters for those TTC, Pregnant, or trying to lose that baby weight. They are really great and have a lot of helpful tips and challenges.

TOPIC: Pregnancy 2010 - June
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99418-pregnancy-2010-june

I truly hope your journey is a successful one!
    :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Me too me too! I just had twins in January and i have 25 pounds left to lose (of the 60 that I gained during pregnancy!) So know that you are definitely not alone!
  • AbsoluteLM
    AbsoluteLM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your wonderful comments! I will definitely join the pregnancy/ttc/baby weight community.

I couldn't believe that I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy--but boy did I enjoy gaining them! Next pregnancy I plan to enjoy gaining weight a little bit less!
  • ggeorge
    ggeorge Posts: 3
    Options
    i can definitely relate. i gained 40lbs by the time i had my daughter in 2008 and i'd only lost 20lbs when i got pregnant with my 4th child in 2009(a boy) i have lost the 20lbs that i regained with my son, but i continue to struggle to lose the rest of the weight, he's already 6mths and the number on the scale just does not want to budge.