weekend fun = diet disaster! :(

Options
Can anybody give me advice on drinks to have over the weekend that wont ruin my diet THAT MUCH? help please!

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stick to Smirnoff and diet tonic. It is refreshing and 1 shot only has 56 calories. I also like bud select which is (I think) 96 calories.
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love BEER and have switched to Canandian 67- it grows on you after a while! Good luck and just go to the gym first thing in the morning so you can earn extra calories
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stick to Smirnoff and diet tonic. It is refreshing and 1 shot only has 56 calories. I also like bud select which is (I think) 96 calories.

Sorry. Bud Select is 99 calories. There is a 55 calorie but it has no taste.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options

Sorry. Bud Select is 99 calories. There is a 55 calorie but it has no taste.

Yeah, that 55 calorie one is NASTY. It starts off with no taste and then the aftertaste is just weird and gross. I can't even describe it. I like to just get patron on the rocks with extra lime.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I'm not a huge beer drinker but I do like Michelob Ultra (95 calories).
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Mikes Hard Lemonade, the light version, isn't too bad on calories. Don't know what it is off the top of my head but I know it didn't break the bank for me when I had one the other week
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    I'm not a big drinker but what about rum and coke zero? (not sure how it would taste but there really would only be calories in the rum since I think coke zero has either none or like maybe 2)
  • mmshadell
    mmshadell Posts: 16
    Options
    The hardest part of changing my calorie intake is giving up the beer and drinks on the weekend. Ive just cut back on tha amount- Im sure im wasting tons of calories on it. I had no idea how many calories were in a six pack- wow
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big drinker but what about rum and coke zero? (not sure how it would taste but there really would only be calories in the rum since I think coke zero has either none or like maybe 2)

Sailor Jerry + Coke Zero is my husband's favorite drink. The only calories in it are the calories in the alcohol (which will obviously vary depending on how strong you pour your drinks), and it tastes really good! We're partial to Sailor Jerry because it has a slight hint of cherry in it, and it marries wonderfully with all varieties of cola drinks..though I prefer mine with water.
  • misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    I Love the Bud select 55!! Atleast give it a try if you like beer.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    • Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    • Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    • Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    • Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    • Margarita (8 oz): 280
    • Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    • Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    • Port wine (3 oz):128
    • Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    • Red wine (5 oz):120
    • White wine (5 oz): 120
    • Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    • Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    • Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    • Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    • Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    • Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    • Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    • Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    • Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    • Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    • Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    • Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    • Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    • Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    • Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    • Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    • Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    • Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    • White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    • Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    • Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    • Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    • Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet soda and lime. I put chunks of lemon and lime and an umbrella in it so I can pretend it's a cocktail, or a mojito light? I also like Coors Light...I say 'like it' but I guess it is an acquired taste!

I also water down my wine with ice cubes...you can drink more wine but you are having water with it!

Geez, I sound like a real acoholic!
  • angela0831
    angela0831 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Now I have a variety of drinks to pick from but it definetly wont be long island ice tea - 780 calories!!!!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like either rum & diet coke or champagne. Wilson Creek Winery makes the BEST Almond Champagne. It is totally worth the 100 or so calories in it.