Taco Bell Fresco menu

Options
Has anyone ried it? I love eating from the 7 lower calorie items at Taco Bell. It makes me feel like I'm eating something I shouldn't.:smile:

Replies

• dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i have not been able to eat taco bell since I watched Jillian pick it apart on 'the biggest loser' . I have not had it in over 4 months... i guess better off for me that way though! :wink:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I eat there about once a week, it's great and doesn't kill my calories or fat for the day. The crunchy taco and chicken burrito are my favorite... with guacamole. Yum yum! I love that the nutrition info is on a board display right at the counter... every place should have to do that!
  • SaraCPT
    SaraCPT Posts: 5
    Options
    I love the Steak soft tacos on that menu, only 160 calories tons of great protein!! and incredibly filling, I highly recommend it!
  • kimmie1013
    kimmie1013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did she pick apart the fresco ones?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Over priced and loaded with sodium. I would go home, shake some Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash on some lean ground beef, sprinkle on a little cheddar cheese and maybe a Tbsp of fresh salsa (the kind that needs refrigeration, like the Marketside salsa from Wally Wurld), and roll it up in a whole grain tortilla. Seriously.
  • hispanicangel
    Options
    Try no to do fast food anymore nothing is healthy. If i do have to eat out its at sit down restaurant i love IHop i can pick apart thing in the calorie count. Im fuller longer and still come home and am able to workout 2 hr after.they have a cool low calorie section. Taco bell or anyother is not filling and waist of good calories lol
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    I've never had the Taco Bell Fresco menu but I like Chipotle once in a while. I get the three tacos on soft corn tortillas, chicken, no cheese or guacamole but it still tastes great with the corn salsa and lettuce. Plus I feel like Chipotle is a lot fresher and "cleaner" They use local produce when possible and they cook everything out in plain site AND offer their nutritional info right when you walk in the door.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I do like some of their stuff ... Taco Bell is the only place open so late so if I happen to be out partying (yeah right) and am RAVENOUS, yeah, I'll eat off their fresco menu. I like the chicken ranchero soft taco. Very yummy! :happy: Usually though, if I HAVE to get fast food and am watching calories, I'll pick Subway, Chick-fil-A or Wendy's.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I've tried the crunchy taco and bean burrito and they are both good. Like others, said, it is certainly not "diet food". It still has tons of sodium in it! But if you are going to do Taco Bell it is better for you than many other options. I actually prefer the Fresco items I've tried to the originals. I know that ideally it is best to make your own food and you can almost always make your own version for less money and healthier... but in reality people go to restaurants to hang out with friends or just on rushed days... so it is nice to have healthier options!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    oh wow i havent eaten there in sooooooo long!
    i used to go there pretty often since it was next to my work.

i dont crave fast food ever now tho.. kinda weird!
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Did she pick apart the fresco ones?

it was just taco bell in general that she did. I love TB until I saw her do it. Now my stomach turns. I'm not downing TB at all, but she ruined it for me!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I've tried it and enjoyed it. I know the sodium is high but I'm happy to have a filling and fairly decent option if I'm just running around or get held up at an appointment or whatever. I'm trying to just skip the fast food in general but I need to be able to walk into a restaurant/fast food place and not throw in the towel. Learning to make better choices and allowing for little indulgences has helped me to make this a lifestyle change rather than just a 'diet.'
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I take the sodium into account when I eat there. I'll make sure I don't eat foods with a lot of sodium for dinner if that's my lunch. My coworkers either eat out or eat in the cafeteria at work every day so Taco Bell and Chick Fil A are my best options. I find that I get more food for less calories at Taco Bell. I'll have to try the steak tacos, that sounds yummmmy
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I eat almost anything fom the fresco menu ... I love the chicken ranchero soft taco... but like others have said.. making it at home is better, but if unavoidable... the fresco menu is better.. that and the plain tacos... not supreme.. just plain hard taco :) hope this helps
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    This is amusing. It has links to the "diet" on Taco Bell's site. http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/12/29/can-you-lose-weight-on-the-taco-bell-drive-thru-diet/?icid=main
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid fast food on the whole. Every once in a while I do get a craving though, and the fresco menu is a great choice as far as fast food is concerned. Plus Taco Bell is one of my husbands favorite places to eat so I can eat there when he brings something home for himself. I think the fresco menu is one of the best fast food options out there right now.
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    Options
    If you look at the Fresco nutritional info compared to the regular version, it really isn't much of a reduction in calories. They simply replace the cheese with pico de gallo so you drop some fat grams and add carb grams. When I eat at TB I just order the regular version of the Chicken Soft Taco and Hard Shell Taco and keep it to only 2 or 3. The 20 or 30 calories saved by the Fresco version isn't worth the nearly double the cost.