running help

Options
I am not sure if it is the heat that is killing my running or what. I can normally do a 15 minute jog at 5 mph. But today I could not even do 5 minutes and I was dieing. Not sure if it is the heat or because my hours of sleep has gone down. AHHHH. I guess I am going to have to work back up to where I was before. Any tips???

Replies

• hispanicangel
    Options
    watch your carb intake. Are you low or maybe you just need a bit more tweek the numbers. Also how much protein are you consuming ?booth are needed so you can endure. o most importantly keep drinking water before youll need it on a hot day! good luck
  • Jellybean1970
    Jellybean1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was having troubles when I first started and could get up to 10 minutes and then was really tired. I got new shoes and doubled that. I still get really tired. It is mostly boredom though. I posted a good questions and got some really good responses as to how to build up my mental energy. If you can look at my profile you might be able to access it. The topic is "how do you keep your mind motivated while running.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I try to get ample sleep the night before a run... if I'm not out longer than 30 minutes, I won't eat...unless I'm starving and it's usually half to a whole banana. Possibly you need a little fuel before you run? If the heat gets to you, try running with a hat so you're not absorbing allll that heat through your noggin!
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I run mostly on the treadmill but occasionally on the road- I find that some days I just CAN't do it...today I did cross trainer, bike, rowing and incline walking but jogging defeated me. Ithink it is pretty much to do with diet but also for me music is HUGE! I have started tailoring the music using specific BPM (beats per minute) that match my stride pattern and it really helps. I run at 9km an hour and am 5 ft 7 inches (to give you an idea of stride!). I use songs that are around 160 BPM and it really keeps me going.

Kung Fu by Ash
    Written in Blood by She Wants Revenge
    Wanna Be Starting Something by Michael Jackson

for example keep my pace going and keep me going!

But as I said, some days are just crappy!