Weakness: Coca Cola!!

Options
Is this your problem too??? Trying to lose 20 lb, but drink so many calories!

Replies

• kikirichards
    kikirichards Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is me! I LOVE it and have had to switch to Pepsi Max and Diet Coke just didn't taste right.
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was a pop addict to get through my shift like 40oz of diet dr pepper. A week and half ago when I decided I am changing everything I quit cold turkey. The first few days were so hard I was tired then very irritable and not pleasant to be around. After a week I felt so much better and I tried a pop the other day and it was too sweet I would rather drink my ice tea!!
  • drayaway
    drayaway Posts: 2
    Options
    Coke is my weakness too! Have you tried Coke Zero? Its actually not that bad. Most days I drink just water but if I'm really feening for a Coke I'll have that instead. ;)
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I switched to Coke Zero, honestly. Diet Coke/Pepsi all taste cruddy.

OMG, Diet Barq's, however, so freakin' tasty.

I'm still angry at Dr. Pepper/Snapple for them shutting down Dublin Dr. Pepper...
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was a regular coke drinker for 35 years. I only quit during pregnancy, then I was back at it. The end of January I decided to change my bad habits. I ate and drank whatever I wanted on the 31st because Feb 1st was going to be the day I started my new healthier habits. I have not had a coke since then. Seriously I don't miss it. I thought for sure I would. I do crave carbonation, so I have a half bottle of Sparkling Ice a day, usually with lunch. It is a vitamin water with 0 calories. I drink water and tea the rest of the day. It is saving me about 500 empty, sugary calories a day.
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I used to be really bad for it! I've swapped now permantly to Pepsi Max and Coke zero. IMO I cant taste much differance!
  • Sanslosingit
    Sanslosingit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink any soda but coke zero is pretty good.
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have attempted to quit drinking Coca-cola in the past - even switched to coke zero for a time. I would be good for awhile, but then after one awful weekend where I couldn't take it any more and practically od'd on the stuff I realized its one thing I'll never be able to give up. I have since been successful at limiting myself to one can a day [I do have a few slip ups here and there but I'm trying.]
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I was there and sooooo glad I am past it. So many more calories to eat instead of just a sugary drink.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    m also a Regular Coke fan. i dnt like taste of these dietry drinks or zero sugar drinks....just a regular coca cola. i accept m taking one can a day while before i was taking abt 3-5cans........and i think i dnt want to quit taking coke..and one can a day is perfectly working with me and i am losing weigh too :)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    careful, that *kitten* will kill you, bro.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    yes and when I look at my over days, the thing they most have in common is coke. When I drink only water, I actually have a hard time meeting calories at all...
  • oncearound
    oncearound Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I made the switch from regular Coke to diet Pepsi. I don't really care for the taste of Diet Coke for some reason. I have no desire to drop the soda habit all together. I have drank it for years but know the calories in regular soda would kill my calorie goals so I did switch. I have tried dropping soda a few times, but each time find myself back. It is one of my vices that I will keep I think. Good luck, I feel for you because I know how hard it is to give it up.