What happened to the eat more to weigh less folks

Options
I saw there is a group here on mfp has tons of members but no one responds to the posts and seems inactive. I just learned I needed to up my calories according to fit2fatradio and scoobysworkshop. I am trying this out on wednesday when I shop for my healthy foods.

do any people practice the eat more to weigh less if so would love tor you to add me.

Replies

• MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    I have recently started eating more in order to lose, and I can for sure feel a differance.
    I am now eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. I feel like I have a lot more energy and I lost 3 pounds this past week. I also made a switch to being gluten free, along with lactose free.
    Feel free to add me and follow my blog.
    How many calories are you eating now? And whats your new goal? Also what kind of foods are you eating? That makes a huge difference in your intake.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I love to eat and you won't find me under 1600 calories on any day since I upped them. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    They actually have their own website and forum: http://eatmore2weighless.com/
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1300 calories

for the foods I was eating the processed stuff

Tomorrow I shop for fruits, veggies, organic foods. so I am doing a complete 180 turn

I joined a 10 day pledge to cut processed foods out on 100daysofrealfood.com

for work outs my goals are: do do strength training from the Jorge Cruise moves book I have Monday-Saturday

and to do 5 k walks for my spring/ summer work outs that I begin 3/21 with the challenge group I am in.
  • chaaalgeo
    chaaalgeo Posts: 70
    Options
    i have just upped mine from 1200 to 1600 trying to break a plateau feel really full though its a really nice comforting feeling. i am doing tdee -20%
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    Before I started eating more I was hitting about 1200 calories or less a day with healthy and procesed foods, pretty much anything I could find at the time I wanted food. I now only eat fruit, veggies, and gluten free foods. Which I am finding its hard to hit 1000 calories unless I stuff my face. If you like to eat a lot than it will be easy for you to make the switch, if you eat little like me, you will find it extremely hard to eat as much calories as needed.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I think they got fat.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    They reset a bunch of hormones, spiked their metabolisms, and moved on.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    this is generally how it works, as long as you're between your BMR and TDEE (which is usually higher than people assume)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I've increased from MFP's 1600 cals to1800 to 2100 cals daily (based on TDEE is -20% with some other considerations for exercise) and I am still losing. So I am eating TONS more and still on the right path.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    They actually have their own website and forum: http://eatmore2weighless.com/

Thanks for that - although I'm no longer trying to lose weight I very quickly found help over there on getting maintenance right!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This group? Once you scroll past the sticky threads, it seems quite active.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/discussion/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was originally given a goal of 1301 in calories. I lost weight and then just sat there. After looking a bit more into it, I did increase my calories to 1500 (plus my burned calories) and I've been pretty steady in weightloss since.

I eat healthy and processed food, just stay within my calories.