Any Brides getting healthy and fit for there wedding?

Options
Hey there....my name is Alexis and I'm getting for the big day.....
well.....really its for the honeymoon :) St. Lucia here I come!

I want to look and feel confidant on our wedding day and be a healthier me!
.......wouldn't hurt to look amazing in a bathing suit as well :love:

This is the first time in my life being over weight. I used to be a gymnast so I never had any weight issues...in fact I think some would of thought I needed to gain a few pounds.

About a year ago I started working from home so my life became more sedentary along with going through a rough patch in my personal life. DEPRESSION! Which I read was the number one cause of weight gain. I packed it on!

I am so blessed to have loving family and a patient loving fiancé that have been by my side through this rough time. Now, I'm ready to gain back control of my life and feel better.....so now begins the journey to getting my body in line with my mind!

I would love all the encouragement and support from anyone willing to be a good cheerleader....and would love to reciprocate the gesture as well! :flowerforyou:

Bride to be? Newlywed? Married? I would love your support! FRIEND ME!!!

Thanks
:heart: Alexis

Replies

• ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I wasn't getting ready specifically for that reason but my mom's wedding is in June and I am in it.
    I am getting married 2/14/14, taking a tropical honeymoon as well :)
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdtblvVJ9K1rkbqbko1_500.gif

Almost my story!!! Except I was a swimmer... I'll be your friend if you want :flowerforyou:
  • driedel17
    Options
    I was honestly just on here looking for the same thing. I recently got engaged... just over a month ago, and even with a year to go with the wedding planning, I feel like I need some MAJOR support. How long until your wedding?
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm not getting ready for a wedding but I am getting ready for my 10 year anniversary trip which requires a bikini. Feel free to add me, I'm on all the time.
  • AlexisThayne
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm getting married in September! :smile:
  • hinmana
    hinmana Posts: 16
    Options
    I am getting married August 31st!!!
  • MissSjolin
    MissSjolin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married in September. I have quite a bit to lose but can definitely relate to wanting to feel good and dealing with wedding stresses and whatnot. Anyone can friend me :)
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :) I got engaged a year ago and am getting married on 7-4-14. I would love to be friends!
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm expecting him to pop the ? at any point now... so would love some fellow girls out there getting ready for their big day as friends! :flowerforyou:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm getting married on September 13th, 2013. I have been getting fit for awhile now. I used to be very active in soccer and basketball and want to have that endurance once again AND look PERFECT for my wedding and in a bikini, as well.

So, now I'm trying to speed up the process so by the time alterations is a GO, she won't get mad at me (hopefully) for having to cut a lot of material.
  • sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    Fellow slimming bride over here (getting married in Spring 2014) - feel free to add me :D
  • karaeb621
    karaeb621 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a summer 2014 bride! I'd love to get to know you ladies and keep each other inspired on our fitness goals before we tie the knot :)
  • MsWare926
    MsWare926 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a bride to be as well :) we're taking our time to plan the ceremony (spring/summer 2015) but we may get married officially next year!
  • brl006
    brl006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in Sept and going to St. Lucia also! Definitely trying to get back into shape for that sunny weather! when is your date?
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    May 2014!! here! Not really looking to lose weight just increase muscle!!
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I'm not a bride, but a bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding in september. i would really like to look my best, and make sure I still fit into my dress then!