Last 10 Pounds

Options
So, I had my son in Dec. of 2010. When I got pregnant, I weighed 115 and was running cross-country (senior year of high school). Long story short, I was still very overweight in Dec. of 2011, weighing about 160. In Dec. of 2012 I weighed around 130. My goal weight is at least 120, but I can't seem ta shed these last 10 pounds. Any advice on how ta loose it in the next 2 or 3 months?

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this, I was just about to! Lol. I have 15 or maybe even 20lb's to lose. I'll see where I'm happy at. I just need to get rid of this belly, and I'll be happy! I'm so frustrated! Somebody help!!!! I have my calories set to about 1400, I eat a good deal of lean protein. Just recently switched to egg whites vs regular eggs, and just recently decided to step up my game on the exercise part. I know I'm not going to lose as fast as I did when I was very overweight. I've lost 65lb's total, but I just want to stop trying to lose weight! It's so stressful, and I've been doing it for so long! I don't think this is a plateau, and I hate to cut my calories. I'm fairly muscular for most females. I do lift weights, although I'm not very muscular, just toned. I don't want to lose my muscle, and I don't want to hurt my metabolism. Also, if I do need to cut my calories, I don't think I can stick to a 1200 calorie diet. I know some people may say to increase, and others may say to decrease. I would be thrilled with a 1lb loss/week, but it's not happening that way! Also, I go very long periods without losing, then I lose 4-5lb's, and typically I've gained it back. This has been my problem for a few months now, although this last time I lost 4lb's, I was able to keep it off. Any suggestions??? Preferrably from women who have lost that last 20lb's. It's typically easier for men, since they have more muscle. Sorry OP, didn't mean to cut in here. Hope it doesn't bother you! :heart: I was literally about to post this, but saw yours, instead! :happy:
  • ashlibaker
    Options
    Np lol. An great job on loosin so far that's great!! My calories are set ta 1200. I need ta start doin weights again, I used an just havent lately. An yes, my problem is my belly too haha especially after havin a kid :P Hopefully we can both get some good advice on here lol Add me if ya want to hun :)
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    K. Thanks! I will! Just so 'ya know, everyone's prolly gonna jump ur heiny for saying you're at 1,200 cal's! Lol. For the longest time, I've been believing that too, but now that I'm down to the wire, I'm thinking I may need to do 1,200, just for a little while. I'm only 5'3" . I think for short people, 1,200 is actually pretty close to what we need to do to lose once we're almost to goal. I don't like it, though! Maybe someone will tell us otherwise, I hope!!! I like my food! :happy: I have a lot of knowledge for weight loss for someone who's very overweight, but this whole "almost to goal" thing is new to me. It's been soooooooo slow going lately! Maybe I do just need to maintain for a while, again, and then try to lose. That's what I've always done for plateaus in the past, but it doesn't seem like I should be plateauing again already! Uggghhh!!!! FAT JUST GO AWAY!!!! :grumble: :noway: Lol
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Please read in place of a road map ...I think it would help you both
  • ashlibaker
    Options
    Yeah haha. I'm 5'4" so not much different than you!! lol What's your final goal?? An 1200 calories seems ta be ok for me, i'm just always at least 200 calories under at the end of the day. But I feel fine. An yes, I LOVE FOOD TOO lol. And maybe maintaining what you're doin for a week or two would do some good? And then get at it hard :)
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    I actually was just going over my weight loss history, since MFP, and I may not lose weight conventionally, but I've been doing MFP for 7 weeks, and I've lost 9lb's, as of today. I actually may be plateauing right now. Might need to do maintenance for a little while. There's also been a lot going on last few weeks or so, with birthday parties n stuff, so haven't lost in several weeks, 'til today. Yay!!!!! I also was sick for a little bit, so my cal's were pretty low for a bit, then made up for it a bit. Lol. I also wasn't exercising like usual while I was sick. Looks like I'm back now, though! :D I also think I need to hide the scale from myself for a while, too! Ok, going to go read the roadmap thing now! :happy:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, if you are not there already come join the last ten pounds group. Check out the tips and tricks thread for tons of articles on the last ten pounds. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12168-the-last-ten-pounds

And the best advice I can give is, change it up, pick something and change it, then change it again. Your body is happy where it is, you will have to shake it up!

All the best,
    Steph (hoping to be a success story soon)
  • tulalula
    tulalula Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, I had 8lbs to go and for the last 5 days I have been playing on the wii and sticking to 1200 (this is right for me, plus the few cals I earn on the wii). I have been doing the hula and aerobics and so far I have lost 2lbs and half an inch of my waist, hips and thighs. I´m really pleased with that. I will carry on and would be pleased if it would give me .5lb every week. I will try and jog for good measure but the weather is really bad at the mo where I live so will have to wait on that x
  • ashlibaker
    Options
    Well good job girl that's great :)
  • tulalula
    tulalula Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you x :smile:
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just ran... A LOT.