What is that machine...???

Options
I go to Planet Fitness and typically I use the elliptical trainer. I have a treadmill at home so it gives me something else to do. But lately I have been eyeballing another machine, wondering if it will burn more calories than the elliptical. The only thing I can compare it to is Tony Little's Gazelle. Does anyone know what I am talking about and what do you know about it?

Thanks for the help!! :happy:

Replies

• rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It is a cybex arch trainer and it is absolutely amazing. By far my favorite cardio next to running! Give it a shot and pump up the incline for a great burn
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I think they're called gliders.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    My wife has a gazelle. She likes it, I hate it. Not nearly as burn'y as an elliptical. Try it, you might like it.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I Googled both and yes, the Cybex Arc Trainer is the closest to what I am referring to, however the "glider" is more similar to the Gazelle.

I am just a little apprehensive since I am definitely out of shape and am afraid I won't be able to use it very long. :embarassed: Oh well, I guess I have to start somewhere!

Thanks for your help ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • xtina11179
    Options
    My wife has a gazelle. She likes it, I hate it. Not nearly as burn'y as an elliptical. Try it, you might like it.

I just read some reviews on Walmart.com and they are all great. And it is only $107!! :noway:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    The arctrainer has become my new favorite at the gym. It is no impact so it doesnt hurt my kness at all and you can really crank it up if you want to feel it burn your legs or lower the level so its just a good cardio workout. I love it love it.
  • xtina11179
    Options
    I am pretty sure that machine was made strictly as a torture device!! Holy hell!! 5 min in and I was done!! I guess I should have played with the buttons a little bit before getting on so I wasn't trying so hard my first time. But OMG....my legs were like rubber and my lungs were burning!!! I think I have to work my way up to that guy!!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was seriously afraid of the elliptical when I joined the gym, but my trainer gave it to me in bite sized pieces- 3 mins one day, goal of being up to 15 mins in a week. each day I added 2 -3 mins. In one week I was up to 15 mins. in two weeks I was up to 30. On my first day I was panting after 2 mins on the thing and never dreamed I'd get to 30 mins. Maybe the same strategy could work for you?