Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

so i waited all week to have this one amazing sandwich

and saturday came along, and all week this is what i was looking forward to!
the grilled chicken, apple brie and fig jam sandwich from Earls. it was my cheat day and this was my indulgence!

so i have my soup first, it was delicious.
i pick up my delicious sandwich. take a bite..
and out comes a whole chunk of fat. they didn't remove the fat from the chicken!

i'm not talking a piece of gristle. i'm talking like the whole half of my sandwich was one chunk of fat.

i gagged.
and it ruined my appetite. lol i put the food down, and just settled on my salad.

on the plus side, i no longer crave the sandwich anymore. it totally turned me off.

edit: okay maybe not fat, but a really chunky fatty piece of skin.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Gross! Well that will kill the cravings fast! :sick:
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    A blessing in the end! So sorry it got ruined for you though. It's still sad, although lots of calories etc were saved for yet something else :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Makes me exceedingly curious to know what had happened to the poor chicken that it ended up with that much fat on it!
  • JSUGamecockFan
    JSUGamecockFan Posts: 17 Member
    The sandwich at least sounds interesting..... I was afraid you were going to say Jimmy Johns or something.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Makes me exceedingly curious to know what had happened to the poor chicken that it ended up with that much fat on it!
    i know hahahaha i was thinking once i posted that chicken doesn't have much fat on it!
    thats why the edit says a fatty piece of skin. but it was reaaaaaally fatty piece of skin.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Should've sent the sandwich back.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Gross. how did the chicken get so much fat on it in the first place?
    In my city we are boycotting Earls. They don't have change tables in their 'family friendly' restaurant bathrooms because it might offend other patrons.
  • peopletalk
    The sandwich at least sounds interesting..... I was afraid you were going to say Jimmy Johns or something.
    it's delicious minus the grossness that i encountered that one time.

it's grilled chicken, spinach, apples, brie with mayo and fig jam on it.
    it's sweet and salty and the brie makes the sandwich.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    That's what happens when women expect someone else to make them sammiches.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    should of sent it back and asked for a new one w/o fat
  • peopletalk
    A blessing in the end! So sorry it got ruined for you though. It's still sad, although lots of calories etc were saved for yet something else :)
    hahaha indeed! me and my sister planned to get another sandwich the week after because we loved them so much. after this incident we both agreed we were done with Earls for awhile.
  • peopletalk
    i know i should've. i'm almost too nice to complain. but i really should have.
  • peopletalk
    That's what happens when women expect someone else to make them sammiches.
    zing!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    i know i should've. i'm almost too nice to complain. but i really should have.

Send it back or at the very least complain about it. If that's not an option for you, take apart the sandwich remove the fatty skin & put it back in sandwich form and eat it! Explore other places to eat and don't give up on your favorite sandwich! I once tried one of Wendy's new summer salads with fresh fruit added to the lettuce...my friend and I were looking forward to it all week, as I was munching away there in the middle of the salad underneath the lettuce was a long hair, I nearly lost it right there??!!! I didn't hesitate to walk up to the counter and show them what was in their salad! They wanted to make me another one, I turned it down there was no way I'd be sitting down anytime soon in there restaurant to eat the same salad. Do what you have to do, if there's something wrong with the food you ordered. Good Luck!