Not losing the weight.....?????

Options
I play tennis competitively and/or workout at the gym at least 3 times a week, burning minimum of 550 calories. I am eating the required calories to reach my goal but I seem to be losing nothing so far! Is there something different I should be doing?

Replies

• marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    Have you tried alternating your daily calorie intake? I am following a calorie chart from alldietsource.com. I have currently lost 43 pounds following this plan. You do a different amount every day so your body doesn't realize you are dieting. It is great! Good luck with it!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary.
    There could be a few different issues.
    Not enough caloires, too many calories, too large portion size, or calories burned isn't right.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about changing up your routine? I don't know how long you have been doing your current regiment, but it could be your body had become accustomed to it. Throw in a different class, or some weight training.

Also, what are you eating and how much? Diet plays a very big part into this as well.

Try making a few changes and you should start to see some results.

Hope this helps.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you are following the recommend caloric intake to LOSE WEIGHT and burning 550 more thru exercise you aren't eating enough. Try uping your calories by 100-200 a day.

I was having the same trouble a couple weeks back. But my fellow MFP'ers told me to start eating at least half my exercise calories and I went from losing 1 lb a week to 2 lbs this week.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Have you tried alternating your daily calorie intake? I am following a calorie chart from alldietsource.com. I have currently lost 43 pounds following this plan. You do a different amount every day so your body doesn't realize you are dieting. It is great! Good luck with it!

I just checked this website out and I am amazed at my reccomended calorie intake. I like how its different for everyday. If it's worked for you then I think I need to give it a try!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Without you giving us your actual numbers and what your goal is, there's absolutely no way for us to know if what you are doing is right on not.

we'd need, at a minimum height, weight, activity level, access to your diary, and your goal.

this would be to even make a guess, even then, knowing why someone isn't succeeding is a very difficult thing.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options

I just checked this website out and I am amazed at my reccomended calorie intake. I like how its different for everyday. If it's worked for you then I think I need to give it a try!!

Let me know if it works for you. I am too afraid to increase my calories that much.
  • kwlkr76
    kwlkr76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another thing to try is find out what types of foods are recommended for your body type. Depending upon how your metabolism works more differant foods may be required in order to continue losing. Just a suggestion.:smile: Also as some others have suggested changing up your workout routine can help.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Let me know if it works for you. I am too afraid to increase my calories that much.

DITTO I'm afraid to increase by THAT much. 100-200 at the most
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Another thing to consider is if you are eating late at night (a problem I have been having lately). My friend who played NCAA basketball, then played professionally and coached said that they teach all the athletes that if they want to gain weight to eat right before they go to bed and if they want to lose weight to not eat within 2 hours of going to bed.