I find it difficult to skip a day now -- I want to eat!

Options
So my goal was to run every other day just to keep metabolism up. I've stuck to that.

The problem is, since I aim to net 1,400 calories a day, on the days that I exercise I get to eat close to 1,800 calories.
After that, a 1,400 calorie day is difficult. I find that I am getting on the treadmill anyway, so that I have the freedom to eat more. I feel that way even when I am not hungry, I just like knowing that I can have a large dinner in the evening. Or a drink when I feel like it.

I hope this is not becoming a compulsion, it sort of feels like one.
I just really don't like to eat only 1,400!

My weight loss is going well so far. I lost 14lb in 42 days (about 2.3 lb a week).

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Try averaging it to 1500. It doesn't have to be perfect everyday.
  • joshrocker
    Options
    I've been running around 5 days a week and have found that on days when I run I can eat until I'm generally satisfied. On days that I don't run, I usually go over my calorie limit. Non running days are tough.....I have found myself getting on the treadmill when I really didn't want to so I could eat a little bit more that day. I guess this is a good thing??

I completely understand where you're coming from.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I tend to also find that I am really hungry on the days I don't run. I think part of this is that running is a decent appetite suppressant for me (or possibly just fills up more time, so prevents boredom eating as well).

Maybe go here, make sure you are eating enough:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

You can try that method of eating the same amount every day rather than "eating back" exercise calories. So eat based on expected exercise for the week rather than for each day. Might make you feel more satiated.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I should really be eating low to mid 2000's when I have my rest day but sometimes I'll eat high 2000's. Last night I ate 3000 haha.

I reckon keep eating 1800 every day even on rest days if that's what your happy with. You might find you can still lose weight!! You are pretty active and I think 1800 sounds about just the right amount. Why not give it a try for a few weeks. :)