19 Year Old Guy 70 lbs Fat Loss

Options
dexter4564
dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
I posted a similar thread a couple of months ago but I've lost another 14 lbs since then and I'm finally ready to stop losing weight and start putting on some muscle (for now anyway). My plan is to change my diet up and work out 4 days per week to build some muscle and hopefully slowly burn fat at the same time. My goal weight is about what I am now (154 lbs) but with more muscle mass and around 10% body fat.

I haven't done anything special really, I bought an exercise bike and netflix subscription, stopped eating junk food and started tracking my calorie intake through MFP. I've managed to get through prison break, life on mars and lost as I burned calories on my stationary bike. I'm only half way there so I don't want to write anything else just yet. I'll post another thread in a number of months when I'm happy with the amount of muscle I've built.

Starting Weight: 224 lbs (16 Stone)
Current Weight: 154 lbs (11 Stone)

ixe4r4.jpg

Replies

• LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great job !!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    So, how tall are you? If you are 5'9" or over why so much loss...What about muscle?
  • dexter4564
    Options
    I have very limited free time at the moment because of university so I've been waiting until my year ends (which is the end of this month) so I can start P90X or something similar.
  • tlynnest
    tlynnest Posts: 112
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself! Can't wait to see the results as they continue!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    gj dood
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    SASSYGIRLY30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wow great job!!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You look good!
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is great news. I just put a rowing machine in font of my TV and use it when I watch the news. I love the idea of watching movies with a stationary bike. If you are this wise at 19, you will go a long way!! Very inspirational. You look terrific, not to mention smart.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Exercise bike + netflix = great combination
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well done! You'll be happy you learned all of this early on in life. It takes others (me!) decades to get it right.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    great work !!
  • dexter4564
    Options
    Thanks for the great feedback!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    You smashed it bud. Awesome work!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well done sir!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Great job! I need a tv in the garage so I can do the same!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You have done well with the weight loss, can see a big difference. :flowerforyou: Great idea about watching the TV series whilst on the bike :-) Good luck with the muscle work, there are lots of threads about that if you need help :smile:
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss, and don't you just love netflix? my god, it's the best.
    can't wait to see your next progress with the muscle, keep up the good work :)
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Nice job, congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!