Feeling unmotivated to workout...

Options
I don't know what's going on with me lately but I've been feeling very unmotivated to workout. I need some motivation!!!!! Help!!!!

Replies

• castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I tend to procrastinate to get to my workout, but once I do, I always feel better. I don't know if it's endorphins or if I just feel overall accomplished, but I always feel better after a workout.
    Push yourself into it, in a few months, you wont have to push so hard.
    It'll become a way of life for you and you'll be mad when you can't workout.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I got to 200 pounds weight loss today. Is that enough. :)

A couple of days ago I did my fastest time with 20km on a exercise bike of 33m 25s. No idea how good that is compared to others but I used to do it in 40 minutes, then 38 then 36 minutes.
  • jasminelatrice93
    jasminelatrice93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I feel unmotivated I look up other people's success stories with weight loss on YouTube & see how happy they are. Makes me feel that I can be that happy if I just get up & exercise even if its for 10 mins
  • lildewdrop27
    lildewdrop27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also get myself on YouTube and search my different interests for inspiration, for example I live to dance, so I search things like, tap dance workouts, jazz dance workouts, I also have a variety so I can mix it up, hula hoop, jump rope, Zumba, west end workouts etc! Mix it up and enjoy it! :-D
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Think of how proud you will be of yourself once you've done it. And how lousy you will feel if you don't.
  • Gary_AquaMan
    Gary_AquaMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try the five-minute rule. "Commit to a mere 5 minutes of exercise and see how you feel. This gives you enough time to get your blood flowing, your endorphins going, and since it’s only a five minute commitment, it won’t cost you too much. When you reach 5 minutes see if you want to keep going for another 5 minutes (etc) and it is actually easier to do just that because you are warmed up and motivated. If after five minutes you still feel tired or, for all intents and purposes, 'crappy', just take the day off."
  • issiebe
    issiebe Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm having trouble getting started... do you have a certain time of the day you work-out? I was going to start Zumba today , but that did not happen!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I got to 200 pounds weight loss today. Is that enough. :)

A couple of days ago I did my fastest time with 20km on a exercise bike of 33m 25s. No idea how good that is compared to others but I used to do it in 40 minutes, then 38 then 36 minutes.

That sounds pretty amazing to me!!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Options
    Thanks for all your inspiration and ideas everyone! I think I need some sort of set schedule. I seem to do much better when I know exactly what I have to do. Maybe I should get a personal trainer to get me started off.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    your carol effin danver.....destined to be one of the greatest hero's ever....DO IT
  • Ultragirl2374
    Options
    your carol effin danver.....destined to be one of the greatest hero's ever....DO IT

LOL. OKAY!! I will!! :)
  • Gary_AquaMan
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    I am having the same problem, I went from hating exercise to loving my workouts and now I'm just not in the mood...
  • Gary_AquaMan
    Options
    I am having the same problem, I went from hating exercise to loving my workouts and now I'm just not in the mood...
    That's why i like the 5 minute rule for myself...I can do almost anything for 5 minutes!
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    JUST GO! After you work out you'll feel much better! JUST DO IT!
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    After I started seeing a personal trainer, I got very excited about working out. So I think yes, try a personal trainer. :) What are you waiting for??
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    When I feel like that I remind myself that I've never regretted a workout, I've only regretted the ones I've skipped. That's usually enough to get me going, but if it doesn't, then I give myself permission to quit after 10 minutes. Once I get to 10 minutes, the lack of motivation is always gone and I can go the entire workout.