Healthy "Dessert" or evening snack (low cal)?

Options
sroseber
sroseber Posts: 197 Member
I do 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I know what I have eaten or will be eating for everything today except my after dinner/evening snack. I usually try to make this something kind of desserty (i.e. sweet) so I don't feel like I'm depriving myself but I don't know what to have tonight....what do you do for small treats/desserts? I've met my protein and fiber goals for the day and seem to be pretty good on carbs & fat (still have plenty left) but need to keep the cals around 200 or less.

Replies

• amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    Options
    rice krispy treat = 90cal.... if you are worried about sugar or anything like that... im think of having this for my last snack of the day
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    I love sugar free jello because I can have a couple servings and it doesn't make a dent in my cals!
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i like the smart food flavored popcorns. Cranberry almond, and chocolate cookie are my favs. I get them in my grocery chip aisle. they are single serving packaged so no over eating and they are under the 200 cals. Also, sugar free pudding, yum!
  • skerjenn
    skerjenn Posts: 7
    Options
    I buy frozen yogurt - there are a lot of delicious flavours now. I also buy President's Choice Blue Menu Two Bite Brownies. They're lower in fat and calories, and higher in fiber than the regular ones. I don't know if you can buy them where you are but they'll fit your calorie limit and they're really chocolatey.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    pudding (yum) or real fruit bars!
  • bonitatica
    bonitatica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i do a milk shake..i use fat free milk(90cals) but an even lower calorie milk i would chose Blue Diamond Almond Milk(varies in calories from 40-60 depending on orginal and sweetened), 1-2 whole strawberries, sugar or sugar substitute, and ice. i change up the fruits by adding 1/2 banana or pineapple. normally it comes out to 120-130 calories. and i'm left feeling full. its definitely a great dessert!!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen yogurt - there are a lot of delicious flavours now. I also buy President's Choice Blue Menu Two Bite Brownies. They're lower in fat and calories, and higher in fiber than the regular ones. I don't know if you can buy them where you are but they'll fit your calorie limit and they're really chocolatey.

What kind of frozen yogurt do you get and where? I'm kinda in the mood for ice cream but the "healthiest" thing I've found is Edy's Slow Churn. They have my favorite kind (chocolate chip cookie dough) but it's still like 150 calories for like half a cup and I'm sorry but a half cup isn't gonna do anything but make me want more! lol!
  • csta
    csta Posts: 5
    Options
    peel an apple, slice it, sprinkle with whole grain granola and cinnamon. Microwave for a minute. Eat with a low calorie vanilla yogurt. about 150 calories, all good carbs.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I just put a regular low-fat sugar-free yogurt in the freezer. I think it is just as good any Fro-Yo you can buy. Especially the Yoplait Light yogurts, ie. Bostom Cream Pie or Apple Turnover!! Yum-o!!

Oh, but don't forget to take it out ahead of time or else it will be frozen solid!!!