Feeling Quite Sick

Options
Good Afternoon;

I started my diet On March 4th eating very healthy. Keeping at 1200 calories and around 60G of carbs. Lots of chicken, fruit, veggies, oatmeal for bfast. I have been feeling sick, like someone kicked me in the belly and super tired. The Nauseau is gone but my belly simply hurts all the time and it is not a hunger hurt. Any answers why this is happening to me or resolutions or cures? I used to eat maybe 2500 calories but never healthy stuff for sure, fried, cheese, Mexican, burgers, you name and lots of cookies. LOL

Replies

• debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm new here....and not an expert by far...but several months ago, I had the same symptoms, ended up in the emergency room. Although my pain was in my GUT. Horrible....up all night crying pain. Diverticulitis. And if it's your tummy it may be something along the lines of ulcer from "diet" you were used to eating??? Either way, you probably SHOULD get it checked out. Best wishes~~
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor or dietary expert, but possibly just general withdrawal symptoms from junk food additives?

A bit like cold turkey with drug addicts, it hurts

PS, the above post beat me to it, she is correct, try her option before mine
  • lisarosenstock
    Options
    Thanks. I went to the doctor today and she said I cut to many calories to fast but I beg to differ. How can healthy be bad. Grrr. She said it is withdrawls. But I am on 8 days now. WTH? lol
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi , If the veggies are raw and raw fruit..then your digestion will need to work with different enzymes..You could try drinking water with 1/2 tsp baking soda... Sounds like too much acid in your stomach.. Also maybe because there is no food in there. Try some healthy crackers..and a banana is good for tummy..My upset stomach remedy is ginger root in boiled water or tsp ginger powder in hot water with honey..Feel better soon!!:flowerforyou:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I went to the doctor today and she said I cut to many calories to fast but I beg to differ. How can healthy be bad. Grrr. She said it is withdrawls. But I am on 8 days now. WTH? lol

1200 is not generally healthy.
  • funneltube
    Options
    Hang in there! I am no expert and would of course defer to your MD's advice. When I switched to largely vegan diet, I had some adjustments to make. Perhaps try some inexpensive digestive enzymes from Bronson Pharmaceuticals (I have no relationship to this company at all). You may be overloading your stomach with all of the fresh veggies. Good luck!
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    did you suddenly increase your fiber intake? when i did that, my stomach was in knots for a few days. drink a lot of water to help move the fiber through your system.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

I agree. You're supposed to lower calories gradually. 250 per every 5 days or so...

Also, could be something digestive. Your stomach may not be used to getting all the fiber you're feeding it with the veggies and oatmeal. Make sure you're drinking PLENTY of water so that fiber has something to bind to in order to exit your system.
  • lisarosenstock
    Options
    Cool, thanks for that input. In the meantime, is there something I can take to sort of "ease the pain" of my damn gut? It seriously hurts the minute I put anything in it. I had 3 ounces of chicken and some brown rice and lunch and within minutes it started to hurt. It just seems so weird but apparently not bad enough to concern the doctor. Surrrrreeeee, she doesn't have to deal with this crap. LOL
  • funneltube
    Options
    One more thought, Indian (Punjabi) markets have a fennel candy that is part fennel seed and part a licorice (good n plenty) style candy. You may it in some Indian restaurants near the cash register, This is really good to settle your stomach, and has other health promoting properties, maybe try that out.
  • UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I believe in natural healing, whenever possible. Have you tried warm sweetened almond milk. Perhaps put some camomile tea in the warm milk. This seems to ease any stomach issues I might have. If you like chicken, maybe cut the pieces small and put it into a soup without spices. Stay away from harsh spices and tomato products until your stomach feels better.
  • lisarosenstock
    Options
    An update - I got my results for my bloodwork back and there was an issue. My sodium is way below and my pottasium is way high. I go back on Friday for more bloodwork. Thank goodness it isn't the diet at least. LOL Thanks for your help.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear they found one issue that might be the cause. I can't imagine on your previous diet that low sodium would have been an issue for you. :) I hope you get everything straightened out.