gym membership or continue power90?

Options
I brought power 90 from beachbody and was all excited about starting it and seeing results in 90 days.

Ok I am only on day 10 and I had it atleast t a month. I won't lie half of it is my laziness, but the other half is it is really boring to me. All the workouts are the same every other day and I don't have no one to motivate me.

Now my friend from work, we are getting close, has a gym membership to this really nice gym. It has classes, a pool, and everything is included. Its a little more pricey, but with everything included I feel like it would be worth it. She goes probably about 3 days a week and stays for about 3 hours lol

Downside is the gym is about 20 mins away, but if I jump right on the highway it will be easier and quicker for me to get there.

I don't know if I should continue with power 90 or join the gym.

We are going to the gym, she's taking me on her guest pass so I can see if I like it. I am also willing to go to the gym without her on the days she can't go.

Replies

• luv4u859
    luv4u859 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump? hello?
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't like working out, but I like the results, and i am not motivated enough to just work out at my house...plus i would feel kind of stupid, and i think I would get bored easily...so I prefer to go to the gym. I'd say go the gym...they will probably have spinning, zoomba, and all kinds of other crap to keep it as interesting as possible.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Forgive me, but his seems like a bit of a no-brainer. If you're not enjoying P90, why on earth would you continue "doing" it (or pretending to do it)? Better to find something you enjoy so that you'll be motivated to ACTUALLY do a workout consistently, whether it's the gym or another program you can do at home. (I thought P90 looked boring as h-ll, for what it's worth). Why not try out the gym first since you can do so for free and then explore your options?
  • luv4u859
    luv4u859 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    only reason why I am debating the gym is because I had a membership at one before. I used to go like 3 or 4 times a week and I did lost 8 lbs by going, which was in the spring/summer and I have off in the summer. When the school year started back up and then college started I stopped going and eventually cancelled my membership. This working out at home is NOT working for me and like you said power90 is boring, it repeats the same workout every other day.
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would go to the gym... I am not motivated enough to work out at home so I got a membership to the gym. Although its only 2 min away for me. We have a total gym and I used it for about three days and was bored, so I understand where your coming from.