Hello from Texas

Options
Hey everyone. I am new here but have been on my Lifestyle change for 26 days now and so far I have lost 11 pounds. I am happy with that but kindof thought I would be farther along. I am suprised at how easy it has been for me so far....the only trouble I have had is with my late night snacking. Anyway, I am a 30 year old mom to boy/girl twins (22months old). I not only need to get this weight off because of health reasons but also because I wanna be around to see my kids grow up. I am sick of feeling like I am just existing in this world. I was once smaller and felt great about myself...I want that back. I am tired of failing..I NEED to succeed this time. I am hoping to find a weight loss buddy in my area or at least someone to talk to for motivation, extra support, etc. I hope to get to know alot of you guys and gals more and hopefully make some new friendships along our journey.

Replies

• MariRuiz24
    MariRuiz24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep it up. I wish I could say I lost that much in 26 days. I'm been losing on an average of 3 lbs per week but had started way before joining here. I understand the snacking late night for my husband does not get out till 10pm and we used to eat together at 10:30 or later. I had to put a stop to that. But I do snack on fruit or nuts or just drink a whole lot of water.

I started out at 275 last year and was stuck at 260's for a while until I started here and I'm down to 244 in about 5 weeks. So any goal is possible and I hope you reach yours. I will have a lot to go but realize that it's possible within time.
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    Although I'm not in your area, I understand how you feel. I am a mothr of a two and a half year old little girl and I'm tired of making excuses as to why I'm too tired to play and run in the yard or at the playground. I want to set a really great example for her and have decided to start a change for the better. I am new to this lifestyle and somedays find it hard to stick to but I know I can be the woman I used to feel like again. Good luck on your journey!
  • MakeupbyMissVee
    Options
    mveliz24- Thank you...you have also accomplished alot girl what r u talking about?! I would love to be your size..lol. My starting weight 26 days ago was 330 pounds! I am now down to 319 pounds. It's crazy! I was happy in the beginning but I have been at a 11 pound loss stand still for over a week now..well more like going on two weeks so it is becoming frustrating to me. I am sticking strictly to my 1500 calorie a day intake and exercising every single night along with drinking a TON of water a day and now it just isn't working. UGHHH! I know I will get over it, I am to motivated by the weight I have lost to quit now. Thanks for the friend request and keep in touch...nice to meet a fellow Texan..I am from the Houston area.

countrygirlsoul- You said it! I am proud of you for also taking the first steps. I have found so far great support here in just the few short days I have been on here so I am sure you will find all you need here also. Just don't give up girl..we can all do this together!
  • MariRuiz24
    MariRuiz24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MakeupbyMissVe,

Make sure to take a break from working out. I do about 5 days of activities and 2 day off. I know some people do like 2 to 3 days on and 1day off in between but I work out about 5 days straight switching between cardio workouts and weight training with 2 days of rest. Don't worry and don't look at the scale everyday. What I do recommend is swimming and other fun activities that you don't realize that you are exercising or burning calories like bowling or dancing. Change it up because walking is great but become boring and too much of a routine.
  • MakeupbyMissVee
    Options
    Mveliz24,

Yeah I am really bad about pushing my self every single day to exercise. Sometimes I even make myself exercise three times a day whether I want to or not. Right now I am not having a problem with being burnt out on it to much because I am seeing the numbers on the scale go down alot but I know after awhile of doing this I will be hating the word exercise..lol. I do need to start taking at least the weekend off from exercise or do like you suggest and maybe do something fun on the weekends as my exercise instead of the norm. Thanks girl. I need to get some strength training going. Right now I am just doing my stationary bike, jogging in place and a dvd here and there every day. I don't get to get out much through the week because I have twins and my hubby works so late and blah blah blah...lol...but thanks for the advice.