TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

Options
It's official TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN WILL BE SPLIT INTO TWO MOVIES....the first part is due to release November 18, 2011...the production of it begins this fall...

This challenge is for all the fans of the TWILIGHT: whether you're a fan of the movie or the books OR both..

when you post your first post please copy and paste the following format:

-name:
-city/state:
-highest weight EVER:
-STARTING WEIGHT when you join:
-team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.)
-goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts)
-goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011:
-how long you have been struggling with weight:
-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall:
-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011:
-what eating plan are you on:
-what exercise plan are you doing:
-are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it:

Replies

• autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    -name: Autumn Covell
    -city/state: Dallas
    -highest weight EVER: 305
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 301.5
    -team: Team Edward and Team Alice
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts): 280
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 200 (unless I am prego!)
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: My whole life
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: hopefully I will be able to get pregant
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: Sky Dive or a Cruise!
    -what eating plan are you on: No set "plan". I am just trying to get a hold on what I put in my mouth
    -what exercise plan are you doing: I am working out at least 3 times a week for 30 mins or more.
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: Nope!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I am sooooo in!!

name: Drea
    -city/state: Georgia
    -highest weight EVER: 275
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 258
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) TEAM JACOB!!!
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 225
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 150
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: my entire life
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: IDK I'll have to think about this.
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: A trip to Hawaii
    -what eating plan are you on: Calorie Counting
    -what exercise plan are you doing: Walking
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: this is my only site.

Ok, I'm excited!!!
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    -name:Amy
    -city/state: Newton, WV
    -highest weight EVER:210
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 209
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) --Undecided
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts)--175
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: my entire adult life
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: skinny jeans
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: makeover
    -what eating plan are you on: diabetic diet
    -what exercise plan are you doing: zumba
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: none
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    name: Donnelle
    -city/state: Milwaukee WI
    -highest weight EVER: 198
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 194
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) Team Edward
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 155
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 145
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: 8 years
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: New Clothes
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: Sexy Black Dress
    -what eating plan are you on: MFP Counting Cals
    -what exercise plan are you doing: Home work outs/ Treadmill
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: None
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    -name: Tonya
    -city/state: Tulsa, Oklahoma
    -highest weight EVER: 286
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 267
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) Team Jacob or Team Alice
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 250
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 180
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: my entire life
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: pedicure
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: wardrobe
    -what eating plan are you on: no specific plan just sticking to my calorie intake allowance
    -what exercise plan are you doing: 3 times a week for 30 min, walking, swimming, workout vids....etc
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: nope just here
  • mebras3775
    mebras3775 Posts: 50
    Options
    name: Melanie
    -city/state: Belton,MO
    -highest weight EVER: 148
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 137
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) team jacob and team alice
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 130
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 125
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: 5 years
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: new hair
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: new clothes
    -what eating plan are you on: counting calories
    -what exercise plan are you doing: 30 day shred as well as walking everyday
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: nope
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    name: APRIL DJIBONON
    -city/state: OMAHA, NEBRASKA
    -highest weight EVER: 240
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 176
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) TEAM BELLA
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 156
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 136
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: SINCE I WAS LITTLE, RECENTLY AFTER GIVING BIRTH
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: NEW JEANS
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: A BIKINI
    -what eating plan are you on: eating healthy, logging food on MFP, Calorie counting
    -what exercise plan are you doing: Running
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: NOPE
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha...I'm in.

-name: Whitney
    -city/state: Olathe, KS
    -highest weight EVER: 230
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 225.8
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) Team Edward. DUH!
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 180s
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: Have maintained 150
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: Probably since I was 12 ish??
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: Hmmm....massage?
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: WHOLE NEW WARDROBE! (Spread out over a year...)
    -what eating plan are you on: Watching carbs and sugar, lots of protein, fruits and veggies
    -what exercise plan are you doing: Working with a Personal Trainer 2x/week, work out 3-4x/week on my own
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: None.
  • val09
    val09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm so excited about this!

-name: Val
    -city/state: UK
    -highest weight EVER: 100kg
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 89 kg
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) Team Jacob
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 80kg
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 72kg
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: All of my life
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: A massage
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: A new wardrobe
    -what eating plan are you on: Cutting back on rubbish, eating more protein and veg.
    -what exercise plan are you doing: Exercising in the gym 4 time as week and the 30 day shred.
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: NO
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    -name: Kizzy

-city/state: PHOENIX, ARIZONA (since january 2010....moved from STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA)

-highest weight EVER: 189 IBS (2002/2003)

-STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 180 IBS

-team: TEAM JACOB AND TEAM WOLFPACK

-goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts): 170

-how long you have been struggling with weight: ENTIRE LIFE

-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: NEW OUTFIT

-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: NEW CLOTHES AND MAKEOVER

-what eating plan are you on: COUNTING CALORIES AND MEASURING PORTIONS (FOR RIGHT NOW)

-what exercise plan are you doing: 30 DAY SLIMDOWN WITH JILLIAN MICHAELS

-are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: YES. http://www.sparkpeople.com
  • anybristow
    anybristow Posts: 11
    Options
    -name: Nicole

-city/state: Kansas

-highest weight EVER: 295

-STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 289

-team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) team edward

-goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 240

-goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 180

-how long you have been struggling with weight: forever

-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: new clothes

-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: tattoo

-what eating plan are you on: none, just trying to change my eating habits and stop eating so much processed foods.

-what exercise plan are you doing: I try to work out at least 3 days a week

-are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: no
  • kizzym
    Options
    here's a great article i read just now and thought it would be of interest to everyone

Fantastic Frozen Dinners
    Go from Diet Disaster to Diet-Friendly!
    -- By Becky Hand, Licensed & Registered Dietitian
    Frozen TV dinners weren’t served often when I was growing up in the 60’s. However, on rare, extra-busy nights, I remember eating my meal out of that small, compartmentalized aluminum tray. They were always heated in the oven (since microwaves were not yet staples in every home). Watery mashed potatoes, tough corn, and greasy fried chicken—in no way was it the finest of cuisines, but the novelty made it enjoyable. Eating in front of the TV was always off limits at my house. “We eat as a family,” my mom would preach.

“But mom,” I whined, “Why do you think they call it a TV dinner?” When we were finished, my mom would wash those little aluminum trays to use when freezing her own leftover meals. Back then, our recycled trays held craft paints and rock collections, germinated seeds, and fed every stray dog and cat in the area. Out of necessity, we were all craftier, more resourceful and conservative back then.

Today, frozen dinners make up a $6 billion industry. As a dietitian you may expect me to tout all the horrors and tragedies of using frozen entrees. WRONG! I am here to share the possibilities as well as ways to make the healthiest choices even tastier. While eating in front of the TV is still a no-no in my house, the ole TV dinner has come a long way. It is now more kindly referred to as the frozen dinner. You can heat it in your own microwave in less than 5 minutes, and choose from selections that are varied and superb. No one had ever heard of “chicken parmesan” when I was a kid!

The Perks of Frozen Dinners

* Quick & easy. Being a practical mom, I know that there are nights when heating a frozen dinner can be the key to getting everyone in the family fed quickly and efficiently, with very little clean-up. Your family can eat in 15 minutes or so and spend some time catching up on the events of the day.
    * Built-in portion control! In the age of biggie-this and over-stuffed that, the frozen dinner is a portion-controlled delight! Few people will actually heat another dinner, and there's no temptation of going back for seconds.
    * Vegetable servings. Green beans, corn, carrots and more, there is at least one (sometimes two!) veggie servings on that tray.
    * Perfect for the single scene. Very few people like to cook for themselves. Whether you're 18 or 80, living in a college dorm or senior citizen apartment, frozen dinners offer great variety for those eating meals alone.
    * Easy prep for all. For anyone who has difficulty in the kitchen due to joint pain, a physical constraint, balance problems, or post-op healing time, frozen dinners can be the trick for easy-yet-nutritious meals.
    * When the cook's away, dinner still stays. When your family's "head cook" needs to take care of business or is gone for a few days, frozen dinners come to the rescue.
    * Economical. Frozen dinners are less expensive than dining out.

Selection and Serving Strategies
    So how do you make the best choice, faced with hundreds of frozen dinners and entrees that are readily available?

* Frozen meals have gotten tastier over the years, but you still must buy and try before you find your favorites.
    * Beware of potpies with crust, Hungry Man dinners, and stuffed-crust or extra-cheese pizzas.
    * Select dinners that are balanced and contain a lean source of protein, such as Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, and Weight Watchers brands.
    * Choose dinners or entrees with no more than 300-400 calories.
    * Choose meals with no more than 30% of the calories coming from fat. This would be about 10-14 grams of total fat if the meal contains 300-400 calories.
    * Select meals with no more than 6 grams of saturated fat.
    * Aim for a sodium content no higher than 600 milligrams.
    * Add on a side salad with low calorie dressing, a serving of fruit, and a glass of low-fat milk to round out the meal. This will help you boost the fiber, calcium and nutrient contents of your meal.

resource: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_art
    icles.asp?id=585
  • kizzym
    Options
    just received my bodybugg strap in the mail...i'm so psyched to start bodybugging again!!! it's been a few months since i strapped that baby on for the simple reason that the velcro thing came off

so does anyone else do the bodybugg besides me?
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    -name: Holly

-city/state: Metro Detroit, Michigan

-highest weight EVER: 199.5

-STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 155

-team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) Ummm, I can't choose a side... unless I get to be a Cullen:wink:

-goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 125-130

-goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 115

-how long you have been struggling with weight: I started to gain about 6 years ago, finally this winter I found an endocrinologist who helped me stop gaining and start losing.

-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: Hmmmm, not sure yet. Maybe a spa day.

-what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: A vacation!

-what eating plan are you on: Gluten free and Vegan

-what exercise plan are you doing: Power 90, walking, and I'd like to get back to C25K

-are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: thekindlife.com

EDIT: to say that the kind life is not a weight loss site. Its a vegan site by Alicia Silverstone.
  • kizzym
    Options
    Challenges will run Sunday to Saturday

JUNE 13-19: Burn 1500 cal
    JUNE 20-26: Burn 1750 cal
    JUNE 27-JULY 3: Burn 2000 cal
    JULY 4-JULY 10: Burn 2250 cal
    JULY 11-17: Burn 2500 cal
    JULY 18-24: Burn 2750 cal
    JULY 25-31: Burn 3000 cal
    AUG 1-AUG 7: Burn 3250 cal
    AUG 8-14: Burn 3500 cal

I propose a graduated scale challenge for calorie burn:

By August 14 we should have worked our way up to 3500 calories burned a week without stressing or injuring our bodies. We will increase our burn by 250 calories a week, which amounts to a total of 25 minutes over the week, or 5 extra minutes at the end of each workout. Slowly we will build up the time we are spending on exercise. Feel free to do more than the week goal, but try to aim for it as a minimum.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    -name: Emma
    -city/state: Ireland
    -highest weight EVER: 218
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 159.8
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) Team Jacob and Team Alice
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 146
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 136? might adjust after
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: since i was a teenager
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: my new tattoo
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: an endless supply of clothes!
    -what eating plan are you on: counting cals on MFP and weight watchers, just for the motivational weigh in every week
    -what exercise plan are you doing: 30-60 mins as many days as i can! :)
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: MFP!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yay Fun! I think I can be at my goal weight by then, it's what.. like a year and a half?

name: Jenn
    -city/state: San Diego, CA
    -highest weight EVER: 265
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 250
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) EDWARD
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts) 220
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: about 10 years, since I got married
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: New Wardrobe for Fall!
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: Tattoo
    -what eating plan are you on: low calorie mostly
    -what exercise plan are you doing: nothing specific. Just burning as many as I can.
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: Nope
  • kizzym
    Options
    today i will be starting my regular walking routine...meaning i haven't been on my regular walking route for quite awhile...PLUS it's a cheat day for me...so the weekends are cheat days...my walking routine is so close to starbucks and i haven't had starbucks since they had that special going on for the week or weekend of half price frapps...i sorta kinda wish there were coupons or a punch card for those...lol...buy so many and get one free after the punch card is filled...lol...i'll be smart and still check out the calorie intake of course by going online and see if they have a nutrition value and mark that down...even though its the weekend i'm still measuring my food and checking out the calorie intake
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    -name: Deanna
    -city/state: Newfoundland Canada
    -highest weight EVER: 145
    -STARTING WEIGHT when you join: 140
    -team: (i.e.: team jacob, team edward, team bella....etc...etc.) Team Edward and Bella!
    -goal weight you want to be by fall 2010 (when production for breaking dawn starts)125
    -goal weight you want to be by november 18, 2011: 115
    -how long you have been struggling with weight: 6-7 years
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your first goal weight this fall: not sure yet??
    -what will you be rewarding yourself when you reach your goal weight by november 18, 2011: maybe wedding bells or a baby lol
    -what eating plan are you on: trying to eat healthy
    -what exercise plan are you doing: cardio and strength training
    -are you on other weight loss sites besides this and if so please give link to it: nope this is it.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    calorie challenge 548 done 952 to go this week! :drinker: