A small success (weight-lifters should check this out)

Options
I never usually talk or brag much about my exercise program (I don't usually list all i do, though i do list all my food, and I don't have it publicly listed) but I have to tell you about these giant sets I've been doing! THEY ARE AWESOME! You pick one weight lifting exercise for each body part (like chest, shoulders, back, biceps, and triceps) and you do the heaviest weight you can do for 10 reps (correct form) with out resting as you do each body part. So basically its one giant set of 50. After those you rest 90 seconds or so (no more than 2 mins) and start all over again. Then rest and repeat one more time. All together it boils down to 3 sets of 50 with ninety seconds of rest between each set. It will strip you out! You can only do this twice a week and for no more than 4 consecutive weeks. This is week two for me and I decided to add weighted crunches and 1 leg exercise to each set. So i did 3 sets of 70. The first 3 times i did giant sets I struggled to finish the last of the work out. This time I added weight (30 more pounds to the lat, 30 more pounds to bench, 50 more pounds to shoulder press, 50 pounds to my curl, and 50 more to the triceps cable weight machine) and powered my way through. I have no idea how I did that! I am soooooooooooooooo proud of myself! My muscles are burning good but I have like the best pump ever! All who are into lifting have got to try this!!!

OK, sorry I rambled so much. God bless you all!
Ed

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    My other little success is that I have been able to eat over 1700 cals a day for three days in a roll. I used to struggle so badly to get over 1200-1300. I am very proud of myself! I still need to get over 2000 a day but its a big step for me!
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    WAY TO GOOO!!!!!!!!!!
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    awesome:smile: great work!
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Little confused... So it's one exercise that works multiple body parts?
  • dtraylor
    dtraylor Posts: 32
    Options
    No it's different exercises. Picture a different weight machine for each exercise, and he's moving from machine to machine in order. Standard circuit, but he's pushing maximum weight and targeting one muscle group per exercise, trying to hit most of them.
  • talktech
    talktech Posts: 4
    Options
    I've done this. Its a nice change up to the workout!

Down to 205, from 230 since Jan. 3!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear your top weight lifting move per body part! I tend to do the same thing I've been doing for 15+ years...Tricep Kickbacks for triceps, Dumbbell curls for biceps, Lunges for legs, etc. Would love any suggestions to mix it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!