Help! Ive hit a plateau !

Options
Ive been on here for a little over a year. I had great results with it last year losing 23 lbs. But my body has quit now. Ive been thinking of what to do cause I've just been stuck at the same thing for 3 months now. I was wondering what helped you if you've hit this? Im eating about 1300 calories a day and I work out often. I run about 3-4 days a week, 2-3 miles. I tried upping my workout and it helped me lose about two lbs, but then I got stuck again. If you have had any experiences that helped you get out of this, please let me know! Im so close to my goal and I can be there by the summer if I can break this.
Thank you! :D

Replies

• Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You already look amazing! I've hit a plateau as well, but I defintely have 20 more pounds to loose. Not much advice for you unfortunately as I am in the same situation, but looking forward to the responses to this thread to get some ideas!
  • tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    Try upping your calories by 300 and see what happens. If you are working out that hard you may not be getting enough nutrients with 1300 calories.
  • anyadelfuego
    anyadelfuego Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try to change your work out routine. Do circuit training using more of your body weight or sign up for boxing class. You can still add your usual runs.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I agree with upping your calories and reading the link that christianwife posted. I have been at a plateau for about 5 months now and I started eating at my TDEE -20%, which puts me at 1900+ calories a day.

And kind of hoping that by posting in this thread, one of my more knowledgeable friends will be able to help you more :wink:
  • singmyheartout4you
    Options
    Thank you all for the helpful comments :) They are really appreciated
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a diet break.....eating at maintenance for a few weeks will recharge your hormones and metabolism. If your as lean as your profile pic indicates, it's going to come off slowly now.