minnesota

Options
is there anyone on here from MN? just wondring whos close by. i live in blaine. just wondering thank ya!

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Rice Lake, WI!!!!

I have no Favre grudges, either.
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Rice Lake, WI too!

Although currently much more southerly than that: Madison, WI.

I felt compelled to share.

Also, Josie, that is by far the cutest little hot dog ever.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Rice Lake, WI too!

Although currently much more southerly than that: Madison, WI.

I felt compelled to share.

Also, Josie, that is by far the cutest little hot dog ever.

'Sup Carol? Hahaha.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Ripon WI
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Technically i live in Oregon for another 3 weeks, but moving back to St. Paul at the end of the month
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Used to live close by in Ham Lake but now am residing in Northfield I do have a good friend and a cousin who lives in Blaine. I used to shoot darts out of Nickow's Cafe back in the late 90's. Is that still there? They used to have the most delicious and huge shrimp salad, great crab legs, and huge prime rib. Oh how I can ramble on about food!

Terri
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    papersparrow and flipipino_wardog, I'm from Hayward, verrrry close to Rice Lake!

TCASMEY - I went to St. Olaf!

I like this thread... haha
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    crazy WI represent! not much MN love lol oh well.

i got enough for the whole state. :)

thank you! i love my lil hot dog :P
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    papersparrow and flipipino_wardog, I'm from Hayward, verrrry close to Rice Lake!

TCASMEY - I went to St. Olaf!

I like this thread... haha

I have canoed out of Hayward....I think we launched near some gigantic statue of a fish!

I do not live very far from St. Olaf....It is a beautiful campus. I love to walk up the hills and around campus...great calorie burn going up the hill on foot or bike!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minneapolis!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    GO TWINS!
  • Gigi40
    Gigi40 Posts: 171
    Options
    South Dakota--20 miles from Minn.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Introduced the kids to a Minneapolis tradition today.....a Juicy Lucy from the 5-8s club.. Certainly not diet food bu oh so good. 1/2 burger stuffed with American Cheese and a side of onion rings. Next time they get to try Matt's and decide which one they like better. Thank Man Vs Food for letting my children know about these low calorie foods!:explode: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in MN and miss it very much but currently living in SC. I lived all over the state grew up in Rochester, went to school in Duluth and Mankato and lived in Savage and St. Louis Park.

Also for the WI people grandparents used to have cabin in Birchwood, WI so I do know the big fish in Hayward.

Oh and my picture is because I lost a bet. I hate A-rod.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Its funny I was just thinking about Nicklow's cafe in Blaine and in this months Midwest Living magazine there is an article about Hole-in-the-wall places to eat and the readers choice in Minnesota was Nicklow's

"Great Greek food overlooking a lake. A hidden gem"

The article also mentioned Big Daddy's Old Fashioned Barbecue in St. Paul. I have never eaten at that one, but plan to look it up someday!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    my parents love nicalos. we live right near there :P