new here and I need a /hug!

Options
My name is Meagan, I am only 28 years old and I am morbidly obease, I have husband whom I adore but he just doesnt get the support thing. He is naturaly thin and loves me for who/what I am so he never thinks to take the third Twinkie out of my hand or remind me that I just ate and hour ago when I go to the fridge. Well anyway I am rambling and I have things I need to do, I look forward to meeting you all.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great website for tracking food/exercise and for finding support. I wish you the best! :flowerforyou:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Welcome you are going to love it here and A BIG HUG FOR YOU:flowerforyou:
  • fierroday
    fierroday Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Stick with MFP! Put it on your bookmark tab at the top of your web browser, so you can always find it easily. Stock the fridge with fruits, veggies and flavored waters and tell your hubbie to put the sweets away somewhere out of reach. ;) You can do it! It's one small step at a time. Best of luck in your journey!
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    First off, /HUG!

Welcome to the community. You'll love it here. I've found it to be a wonderful and supportive tool in my journey, and I hope you find it the same =)

You can do it!!
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BIG HUG

I hope you get to love MFP as much as I do!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!! This is a great site.
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Well done for taking the first step :)
    Once you get on track and your life changes, I promise your husband will crank out the support. Don't worry. My boyfriend is a bit iffy on the support because he doesn't quite know what to say that wouldn't offend me in any way (i.e. go for the weight loss, you'll look amazing - that seems to him that he's implying he doesn't like me as i am) but he definitely kicks my butt if I'm about to make the wrong choice food-wise, without being a dictator (if I argue against him, he'll let me make my mistake then when i complain about the consequences i have the guilt of allowing myself to make the wrong choice rather than listening to good advice).

I promise you'll get the support you need :)
  • robnbrwn
    robnbrwn Posts: 18
    Options
    My name is Meagan, I am only 28 years old and I am morbidly obease, I have husband whom I adore but he just doesnt get the support thing. He is naturaly thin and loves me for who/what I am so he never thinks to take the third Twinkie out of my hand or remind me that I just ate and hour ago when I go to the fridge. Well anyway I am rambling and I have things I need to do, I look forward to meeting you all.

Hi Meagan,

A couple thoughts from a long and much-married older woman. First, I find that sometimes when my husband, who also loves me for who I am, tries to take food away, I resent him. And, I'd rather not build that wall between us, so I try not to depend on him. I have recently come to realize that I want him to "take care of me" because no one else ever did. So, now I'm trying to be in a space where I can "take care of" myself. It's really hard. And, it's probably pretty scary for them, since they know it's a sensitive subject, our men could just not want to be in the position of being the food monitor. Talk to him about it, and you might find that he can help in other ways.

Robn
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello welcome!