How did you DO it?!!?!?

Options
ZB17
ZB17 Posts: 92 Member
I'd love to hear some success stories for some motivation right now.

What was your starting/end weight? And your age?
What did your diet consist of (how many calories)? And what was your daily exercise regimen?

Replies

• Thinknight
    Thinknight Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For me I just stuck to the calorie counter. Im not a fitness buff and dont want to be! I have been really happy with the progress and i have only 3kg to go. I started (uk sizing) at a very tight size 10 and now im buying 8's. I have from from a land of stone...i started at 11 stone and currently im below 9.5 stone. Im 5.7 and have found MFP the healthiest weight loss I have ever done.
    Good luck, it works wonders!
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (off of MFP): 168
    Starting weight (on MFP): 160
    During weight: 137 (for now...weigh in tomorrow! :D)
    Goal weight: 120-125 or where ever I'm happy :)

Calorie intake: Started 1450, then MFP readjusted to way down to 1250 in Jan.2013 where I plateaued; Then I found my TDEE and am eating at a deficit of 1400+/- everyday and losing the weight consistently.

Most of my weight loss came from lifting/cardio combo, tons of Zumba, running, and eating right. I'm trying to really learn to moderate all of my foods even now to get even better results before my big trip to Turkey this summer! Also, my mantra of "Working on my crop top tummy" really worked for motivation (but that's just me c;)
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm not done yet but this is what I've done so far.....
    Starting and current weight is in my ticker.

Eating 1500-1700 calories a day, running/walking 3 days a week and weight lifting 2-3 times a week. That's all! It sounds so simple when I write it down but it does take some dedication.

My diet is muesli and yogurt for breakfast, snacks would be carrots and hommus, seaweed, protein bars/shakes. Lunches and dinners consist of protein and veg with a little carb. I eat things like grilled tofus, cottage cheese pasta, quinoa burgers, chickpea salads, roast sweet potatoes etc.

You can add me if youd like more ideas, my diary is open to friends. :drinker:
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I started eating at 1600 at 264 pounds and lost down to 224 where I plateaued and now I am eating 1350 where MFP put me. The lower I get I will actually be adjusting from 1200 back to 1600 at my goal. I will lose slower but I will not have to eat 1200 a day to maintain weight.
  • Sportsgott
    Options
    First thing I did was got my diet under control using MFP. I started by just cutting out soda. I always failed because I tried to do too much all at one time. Heck, I didn't even add any cardio til month 6. Baby steps and mini goals...it was a bit slower process as it took 15 mths to lose 100lbs but I'm keeping it off that's the key and my body is adapting and tighting as I go.. So best advice, stick w/ the MFP diary, hit your macros/micros, find something that works in your lifestyle. As my diary is not always the cleanest, it works for me.

Now I do cardio 5x a wk, weights 3x a wk while still eating around 1800 cals 160 g of protein daily.

12/11- 342 lbs, shirt 4X, pants 44, BMI- 45%
    02/13- 242 lbs, shirt XL, pants 36, BMI- 24%

Good Luck on your journey ????
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    For the most part followed MFP and walked on the treadmill. I ate those exercise calories back and ate everything in moderation.

For the past few months have just been lifting weights with no cardio. Now following dieticians advice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!