An open apology..

Options
Dear Soda(s),

I don't know where to start , so I'm going to be direct and honest with you.
This letter about how I feel towards you, should have been written probably sooner than later.
Lately I just haven't been feeling the same about us and the direction we are heading.
As you know some big changes have been made about the way I live and the way I think.
And all of these changes have forced me to make a self evaluation.
I have to be honest with you my feelings have changed. I don't see a future for us anymore.
I known this is the last thing you want to hear from me.
Please try to understand. Don't think this is easy for me. It is probably the most difficult thing
I have ever had to do.

Love, Tummy

Replies

• xDMartinHx
    xDMartinHx Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Classic. well done
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    I know that letter! LOL. I used to always drink diet soda only. I made the decision to split with that as well. For over 2 months I have had no soda of any type. Only coffee, water and milk :) Congrats on your break up with soda!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I stopped diet Pepsi 7 weeks ago today, it can be done.
  • Heathlington
    Heathlington Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love it!! :love:
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know that letter! LOL. I used to always drink diet soda only. I made the decision to split with that as well. For over 2 months I have had no soda of any type. Only coffee, water and milk :) Congrats on your break up with soda!

I've done the same but only about 3 weeks so far lol but I haven't really missed it, I've still got an open bottle in the fridge but just don't want it - How great is coffee, water and milk - I only have 1 sugar in my coffee now and even that is starting to taste too sweet. I love it KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I haven't touched a soda, including diets for about year now!!....and not missing it!! :bigsmile:
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    :D i know i can do it!

but...

I also need to break the bad news to.. Bacon, Chips, Cake, Chocolate..
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    LOL Poor soda...everyone seems to be dumping you these days...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I realised the other day that the only reason I drink diet soda anymore is that I resent paying the same money for a bottle of water when I'm out. Crazy, right?

But once I realised that, I started just carrying a water bottle with me - hey presto, no more diet soda. I can't believe I've been hanging onto it for that stupid reason, when I don't even really like it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I've lost plenty of weight drinking diet Pepsi... guzzling the regular Pepsi is what got me into trouble.
  • brandiepair
    brandiepair Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm cracking up!! That was great. and I loved the thing about chocolate and cake and bacon..etc...hahahahha
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have given up my VATS of diet pepsi that I was drinking all day. I now keep a small bottle of diet rite in the fridge and when I get that urge I just take a swig out of it and walk away...does me wonders and I don't feel like I am giving any thing up....so instead of my break up letter...I am more like cheating on my water :-)
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Dear Soda(s),

I don't know where to start , so I'm going to be direct and honest with you.
    This letter about how I feel towards you, should have been written probably sooner than later.
    Lately I just haven't been feeling the same about us and the direction we are heading.
    As you know some big changes have been made about the way I live and the way I think.
    And all of these changes have forced me to make a self evaluation.
    I have to be honest with you my feelings have changed. I don't see a future for us anymore.
    I known this is the last thing you want to hear from me.
    Please try to understand. Don't think this is easy for me. It is probably the most difficult thing
    I have ever had to do.

Love, Tummy

Awesome! I quit soda 4 years ago. Never looking back. Be proud.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this daily, quitting Pepsi has been much more difficult than it was for me to quit smoking 6 years ago.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    LOVE!!! I haven't had a soda in almost 8 YEARS, and I do not miss them at all.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

but...

tracey-jordan-nope.gif
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I broke up with Diet Pepsi about a month ago and it was just like any other breakup. At first I craved/yearned for it, then I found myself not missing it. I had sip of one last week and about gagged. It is hard to believe I used to guzzle forty four ounces of the stuff at a time.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    LOL Poor soda...everyone seems to be dumping you these days...

Ya know... I gave up Tab and cigarettes around the same time (1991) and I have to say the one that I still crave is Tab. Something in that recipe!!! Hang in there, though, it does get easier and I do feel better without it.
  • fungaaron9880
    Options

but...

tracey-jordan-nope.gif

this made me lol!