10:30 at night and hungry? Please Help!

Options
It's 10:30 at night and I'm getting a bit hungry...I've drank a lot of water, along with trying to exercise...
YET I'M STILL HUNGRY? any suggestions?
Like should I eat fruit , yogurt or ....
I know this sounds stupid but just curious

I would normally just go to bed, but I got a a lot homework to do :(

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    eat
  • rednanasteph
    Options
    Honestly you shouldn't eat with less than 3 hours to go before bed. When I am hungry and it is late evening, I just go to bed.
  • misskate1987
    Options
    Calories don't know time.

If you're hungry, eat.

If you're 1200+ under your target, eat.

It's common sense.
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    Is there any study that says eating before bed makes regular people (not dieters) gain weight? Otherwise, I'd say is good to have a little snack to stave off "first meal of the day eating binge". I find that I eat less the next day if I have the snack instead of ignoring how hungry I really am (especially if I didn't get my work out in till late).
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    As the old bard said,

It's five o'clock somewhere!
  • mgibbzzz
    mgibbzzz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If your body is actually saying eat and you are not just bored, eat. You are less likely to binge if you listen to your body and eat a small snack. Even though you have so many calories left, I would grab a glass of water, a light snack and head to bed,
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    if you are hungry, you should eat.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Eat a little something if you are truly hungry. Otherwise go back and re-read your profile page. It is very inspiring! Sending best wishes your way!:flowerforyou: You are amazing for sticking with your goal!:love:
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It's 10:30 at night and I'm getting a bit hungry...I've drank a lot of water, along with trying to exercise...
    YET I'M STILL HUNGRY? any suggestions?
    Like should I eat fruit , yogurt or ....
    I know this sounds stupid but just curious

I always eat when I'm hungry... Did you fulfill your diary? Are you lacking protein? Fiber? Fill your gaps... if you're gapless eat something you know will kill the hunger. Don't listen to people that say not to eat... seriously.
  • sarahhie
    sarahhie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Most people prefer to eat at night - at least according to information found in the Warrior Diet. I am one of those people. Usually what I do is eat up to around an hour before I go to bed, but I hold off eating breakfast for as long as possible. This goes against common "wisdom", but honestly your body doesn't care when it gets those calories. I try to make sure that there is a 12-14 hour gap between the last time I ate and the next time I eat. It's part of an intermittent fasting strategy that I find very helpful to never worrying or thinking about food. Don't worry about your body going into starvation mode or anything ridiculous like that. If you have fat on your body to lose, that's what it is there for. Anyone who tells you that you'll start losing muscle mass if you skip breakfast hasn't done their homework.