How many push-ups can you do?

Options

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    3 x 8-10 full push ups. It's been a battle to get even to this point.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    17full push ups. (:
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Squeeze your butt and focus on holding everything in your core tight when you're doing them. And speed is your friend!
    So it's like sex then...
    :tongue:

BAHAHAHA
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
  • MissPhy6
    MissPhy6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1st degree blackbelt in tae kwon do and we had to perform a push up challenge at our last belt test. I did 43 in 60 seconds -- all on my toes.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I used to do 120-140 at once for my army PT tests, training for push ups is really just to keep doing them. I do a set of 50 twice a day now.
    There are tricks to do them.
    for example changing your hand position can allow you to change which part of your muscles are used. this can buy you a few more reps when you think you are burnt out. Start with your hands pointing straight when you get tired turn them out a little, when you get tired turn them slightly in. Moving them wider and closer can do this as well.

Feet position matters, together or spread apart makes a difference. I like my feet together but you may do well with a little space between them.
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am pleading the 5th. Lol I can still do that if I don't live in the US right? LOL
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

meaning if someone posed me with my arms out in front of me on the ground I THINK i could make it to the ground without just simply falling to my face the moment they let go. at least that's what i think.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Regular: None
    Modified girly knee pushups: about 10
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I used to do 120-140 at once for my army PT tests, training for push ups is really just to keep doing them. I do a set of 50 twice a day now.
    There are tricks to do them.
    for example changing your hand position can allow you to change which part of your muscles are used. this can buy you a few more reps when you think you are burnt out. Start with your hands pointing straight when you get tired turn them out a little, when you get tired turn them slightly in. Moving them wider and closer can do this as well.

Feet position matters, together or spread apart makes a difference. I like my feet together but you may do well with a little space between them.

I move my feet further apart as I get fatigued. I think with wider spread legs/hands it's easier.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Squeeze your butt and focus on holding everything in your core tight when you're doing them. And speed is your friend!
    So it's like sex then...
    :tongue:

maybe if youre in jail
  • AllyTheguineapig
    Options
    0. I'm about to start working on that though.
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Talleifer
    Talleifer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    About 5 years ago I was up to about 87 pushups in one set. One day I did 6 sets of 50 pushups within a couple of hours. Now, however, I've let myself get out of shape but the past 2 months I've been doing well. I've only done pushups for warm ups before a chest workout though, so I don't know how many I can do right now. I usually do one set of 25-30 before doing bench press or incline chest press with dumbbells. I would test myself right now, but I already did a pretty good upper body workout today :)
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I can do about 2 and a half fake lady-push ups. Jealous?

YES!!!

I can do about 10 (kitchen counter) push-ups.
    And I'm scared to death that I'm going to slip and knock my teeth out!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Finally, 45 Girl /20 mens

This actually took me a month too perfect. I had an ankle injury for the past month and I had too resort too the Girl ones, but Im back too 100% now and loving it
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    13 complete push-ups. Yay me!
    Couldn't do 5 six months ago.
  • Mamasutra
    Options
    I'm 43 and I can do 10 real push-ups. Any more and my form starts to go south. I'm actually pretty proud of that. I don't know understand the reference people are making to lady and man or girl and boy push-ups. I'm talking about a push-up where your spine is straight and you are on the tips of your toes.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    A million.
  • AllyTheguineapig
    Options
    A million.

Teach me your ways.