Reintroducing myself :)

Options
Hey everyone!:happy:

Here I am.. again.. I've been an MFP member since 2007(Skinnier_Me, Healthier_Me, JasiBella). I've gone through some things in the past 1 1/2 years- miscarriage, stepfathers passing and the birth of my baby boy!!! Welp, now that my baby boy is here(he is 2 months old), I need and want to get back to my healthy self. I am 14 pounds away... not too shabby eh?

Tracking my foods and exercising atleast 30 minutes everyday has helped tons.

I miss my MFP friends so much. Where is everyone?!?!?!:sad: :ohwell:

JoJo:flowerforyou:

Replies

• shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    WOW!!

Sounds like you have been through quite a bit!!! And only 14 pounds until goal, that is amazing!!

Welcome back!!! Hope you have a wonderful day & upcoming weekend!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and goodluck!!!!
  • AlisonJMWhite
    Options
    HI JoJo,

I have just joined and think your journey is quite inspirational. It is funny how such events can spur us on. My beloved Gran recently passed, my Mum was taken to hospital for an urgent op and now my partner may be ill also!! It never rains but it pours! Like you I want to use the challenges I face to motivate me to be my best and healthiest yet.

Your baby boy looks gorgeous and I bet having such a wonderful arrival is motivation in itself. Good luck with your 14 lbs. I am looking to lose about the same and am starting in small chunks...

Good luck and if you have any tips from your previous successes and on getting the best out of MFP I'd love to hear them !

Thanks
    Ali
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey Jo!

Congrats on the baby. Sorry about the father-in-law.... glad to see you back.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hey lady :) I know we correspond often away from mfp, but I just wanted to say that we are in this together (except I have twice as much to lose than you do!) So we can keep each other on track!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    yeah, I have baby fat to lose.... but wait.... my baby is almost 7, does that count??? lol
    hiya! old crowd comin' back!
  • TLC1119
    TLC1119 Posts: 26
    Options
    Im here :)
    hey I mentioned you in Youtube vid I will post it later
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Jo!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JAPS
    JAPS Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    Feels awesome to be back on track.

-Shagybear & Miqisha

Thank you so much. Much luck to you both also :drinker:

-Ali

Thank you for such kind words. You have to push through all of whatever events that life throws at you. I've learned not to make excuses just to make myself feel better for not giving it my all.

My baby boy was 6 weeks early. He had to stay in the NICU for 3 weeks. It was such a hard and scary thing to go through but we made it through. He has now 10 pounds of pure joy and is always smiling. I love him more and more each and everyday.

-Marla!!!!!!!!!

Hiya woman! Thank you!... he is doing great.
    It wasn't my FIL*knock on wood* It was my stepfather.

-My sweet Em!!!

I'm here for ya lady! Just gimme a holler:tongue:

-Jen!!!!

Hiya lady!
    I miss the old MFP crowd. It was so fun around here. Don't know how it is now but I'm sure it doesn't compare to how it was before.

-TT!!!

So happy to see you on the message boards. It can get addicting though LOL Oooh.. I wanna see your youtube vid. Oh wait.. something is wrong with my speakers so I gotta fix that first :happy:

- Becky!!!

Thanks girl!
    Happy to see some of my MFP buds:flowerforyou:

Thank you all for such a great 'Welcome Back'.
    Welp, my little JuJu Bean is waking up. Little man sounds hungry.

~Jo:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    duh-- you know, Jo, I had gone back up to check who had passed, saw it was your stepfather, and STILL wrote father-in-law. Dope.

Glad your baby's okay-- bless your heart. That must have been a nightmare having him there. So glad to see you.
  • JAPS
    JAPS Posts: 17
    Options
    duh-- you know, Jo, I had gone back up to check who had passed, saw it was your stepfather, and STILL wrote father-in-law. Dope.

Glad your baby's okay-- bless your heart. That must have been a nightmare having him there. So glad to see you.

It's ok, Marla lol
    It was such a scary thing to go through. Hoping for good news everytime I called in the morning and at night before heading to bed. But, thank God.. he is very healthy. He's a strong little guy.

Great to see you!