Has your weightloss inspired anyone to change their ways

Options
Hi, I know there are a ton of success storys on MFP but I would like you guys to share how your weightloss has effected others. Did your positive attitude perhaps rub off on anyone, did your success transfer over into other parts of your life like your job performance or relationship, and finally was anyone inspired to lose weight themselves after seeing what you had accomplished. Best luck in continuing to kick butt:)

Replies

• G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I ve got a couple people i Work with that have started eating much better and are starting to get out and walk rather than hang in the office on there behinds after seeing me drop weight. I also has a couple family members that have been inspired to jump on the band wagon, I am always there to lend a positive word An help them with tip if they need it. :happy:
  • J_sparkle
    J_sparkle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me Me Me!!!! I love talking about how fabulous I am and how inspiring I can be. It's all true.

Seriously. I lost 55lbs prior to joining MFP. Have lost another 4 since (slow going but I've fixed my problem). Anyhoo, when I started all this I'd talk to my bestie while on the treadmill. After a few months, SHE started doing the same. And just the other night she was all, "I'm really supposed to do a workout today but I just don't feel like it"...and I said "get your stuff on, I'm hopping and we're doing this together".....it was lovely. She's a HUGE motivator for me as she rec'd a double lung transplant a little over 4 yrs ago. She's never been an 'I can't' kind of person...more of a 'I don't feel like it'. Now, she's mad as hell about how her meds made her gain weight and we're doing this together. So, it goes both ways.

I'd love to hear more stories, too! J
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been inspired and motivated to change the way I am by heaps of people on MFP.
    its a long process and I hope I get there so I can show off what I have achieved. :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    My father in law just visited for a week. He is the heaviest he's ever weighed in his life he said, he's a few years post stroke, and has let himself go a bit. He apparently went home and started going to the gym with a friend who already frequented the gym three days a week and convinced his wife to start NROL4W (what I was doing at home the whole time he visited) because he was impressed with how I was looking.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    OMG I have seemed to inspired EVERYONE. My mother in law, then a bunch of co-workers (like 5 of them), then my boyfriend (for a bit). It has kind of rubbed off on a lot of people in my life.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes! My boy friend. After seeing my dedication and weight loss, he wants to lose his paunch now....I am so happy for him, though he can't really diet and quit alcohol(weekend drinking), goes for healthier option:smile::smile: s but has at least started exercising...:smile:
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    After I lost about 100lbs, my husband was motivated to lose weight, too. I started racing 5Ks and 10Ks at first and then he started running. We eventually trained for and ran several half marathons and full marathons together. My parents then started running and raced a bunch, too... half and full marathons. My brother and sister in law are starting to lose weight and just signed up for their first half marathon and 10K for this summer. I'm very excited for them! I started teaching yoga (vinyasa/ashtanga) a few months ago and I expose everyone willing in my life to the benefits (strength, stress relief, etc..). I teach a free class once/week for some ladies in my neighborhood just to get them practicing and my sister in law and her neighbor, my hubby, and a few friends of mine come to my studio classes, too! I'm currently trying to lose these last 15-20lbs and hubby has become re-motivated as well. We eat clean, encourage each others workouts, etc. We are already fit and strong at this point but we'll be starting 30DS together next week just to mix things up a bit and hopefully get even stronger and leaner.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think it has motivated my husband :) he bought weights for himself and he is taking an interest in his nutrition.
    I don't really mind if he loses weight or not, but it would be fun to move together :D
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yes my husband, he now works out with me now and watches what he eats
    also some of my co-workers are also working out more:)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Everyone I speak to you can bet that 80% of them are on a diet the day after heheh it's nice to motivate some people because my confidence is low an shows I'm doing things right
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Work friends, home friends and relatives have made adjustments to their diets after our discussions.
    Most don't seem to stay with it though!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I haven't really motivated anyone to lose weight, but back when I could still run, I inspired 2 people I worked with to start running. One was losing weight at the same time as me, and wanted to run but didn't think he could. I told him about C25K and that if I could do it, anyone could. He didn't use C25K but he did start running and just kept pushing further and really enjoyed it. Another was a girl I also went to high school with and knew how my gym teacher always told me I'd never be a runner. After I moved away, she started running which has helped her lose weight and she told me that seeing me do it helped inspire her. I've a few other friends that have been interested, but not sure they actually started or not since I live in Japan now and it is hard to keep in touch.