never done this before

Options
Hi, I am writing for support, I have never had to even consider what I ate never gained weight and now I am 44 and I am tall fortunately, but I still need to loose 115 pounds. This is both hard and new to me, I turned to myfitnesspal as it seems so easy to just put in what you eat and it does the calculating for you. thank you for any suggestions, thoughts, feedback

Replies

• sdpursley
    sdpursley Posts: 63
    Options
    welcome to the show!!

congrats on making a decision to start somewhere! i just encourage you to remember that diet and exercise go hand in hand and don't get too discouraged if results don't happen as soon as you would like. it's a journey, and there's a whole bunch of people on it WITH YOU!!! don't be afraid of posting your weaknesses either. you may be surprised by how many folks share the same battle as you! again CONGRATS on starting! you'll never look back!

lastly, beware the trolls! there area a special group of people on the internet who just "troll" to start drama or just be nasty. it's really easy to do when they are hiding behind a screenname! please don't let them discourage you and never take it personally!

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have been with MFP since September. Before that I was doing Weight Watchers, plateaued and found that I wasn't getting enough of the proper nutrients. I nearing my goal weight, but don't plan on leaving MFP because I know I will need it and the support when I am trying to maintain. I will be happy to come along side you in your weight loss journey if you wish add me as a friend.
  • sda2012
    sda2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi , thank you for the reply and the heads up on all of that ;) I am excited about this and feel like with patience and determination I shall succeed!!!!! Not going to be easy but that is ok.