AVOCADO

Options
13»

Replies

• leopardjunkie
    Options
    half, remove the pit, crack an egg in the hole and place in a tinfoil boat :) Bake in the oven until the egg is set and eat as is or add salsa , parmesan flakes or bacon bits YUM!

mix it in egg salad in place of mayo for a creamy egg salad
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    In sushi!
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Fresh crusty bread
    Smothered in avocado
    Topped with raw smoked salmon

Best food ever.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I even clicked this thread.. I SO wish I wasn't allergic to it. I sometimes still eat it in Sushi... but my throat immediately starts itching and my lips balloon up :( I love it though. Stupid food allergies.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I pan fry mine and have it with poached eggs. Or use it to replace butter in a cake :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I pan fry mine and have it with poached eggs. Or use it to replace butter in a cake :)

as a butter sub? never even thought of that.. does it change taste or consistency?

I use it as a mayo sub for most things..
    and I put it with everything.. or just eat it as is.
    My fave is mixed with an egg and red onion wrapped in lettuce or a tortilla.
    or tuna avocado salad..
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I even clicked this thread.. I SO wish I wasn't allergic to it. I sometimes still eat it in Sushi... but my throat immediately starts itching and my lips balloon up :( I love it though. Stupid food allergies.
    OMG!
    don't eat it again!

Allergies get worse everytime you tempt fate! My seafood allergy started with tingling and numbness in my face (yea it's so fun to drool at the dinner table for all the wrong reason LOL) and progressed quickly to full blown anaphylactic shock.. And you can progress quickly without warning. Just stay away. it's a pita for me to avoid shellfish or anything processed/packaged in a factory that also processes shellfish.. but it's worth it to live. I may sound dramatic.. but allergies only get worse in adults. My boyfriend can't even eat the stuff when he's with me.. not if he wants to touch me at all afterwards.. I'm that bad now.. Don't tempt fate.
  • mjl_
    mjl_ Posts: 26
    Options
    OMG!
    don't eat it again!

Allergies get worse everytime you tempt fate! My seafood allergy started with tingling and numbness in my face (yea it's so fun to drool at the dinner table for all the wrong reason LOL) and progressed quickly to full blown anaphylactic shock.. And you can progress quickly without warning. Just stay away. it's a pita for me to avoid shellfish or anything processed/packaged in a factory that also processes shellfish.. but it's worth it to live. I may sound dramatic.. but allergies only get worse in adults. My boyfriend can't even eat the stuff when he's with me.. not if he wants to touch me at all afterwards.. I'm that bad now.. Don't tempt fate.

agree with this 100% - you could die!
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    I mix it into my eggs in the mornings, eat it with chicken & salsa for lunch or dinner. You can add avocado to pretty much anything.

Mmmm mix it with olive oil & feta in a salad
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    Tried this not long ago:

Put a touch of olive oil in a small saucepan, throw in some garlic and onion. Let it sit.
    While that's going, de-skin a tomato (boiling water for 30 sec, with an X sliced into each end so the skin comes off easily)
    Dice up the tomato once ready, throw it in with the onion and garlic.
    Add some salt and pepper. Feel free to add some hot sauce if you're into that kinda thing.
    Simmer down.

Basically, we're doing the beginning steps of making pasta sauce, but skipping the tomato paste/sugar part, as it's not required. The avocado counters the bitterness of the tomato so the sugar isn't needed, and we don't care about the colour, it's beautiful as it is.

Take the open avocado half (peeled, cut in half, pit removed) and spoon some sauce in there. If you wanna go hard, grate some aged cheddar over the sauce part (no, not the avocado part, that's just being greedy).

It takes about 10 minutes to make, is healthy, and super yummy.
  • shaff1rm
    shaff1rm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mix with Greek yogurt and garlic and use as a pita/ blue corn tortilla chip dip. Yum. It's also really good diced on top of eggs (as someone suggested), or I use it as a sandwich spread. So many things to do with it!