Setting Goals

Options
In january when I was getting ready to take my journey to a healthier me, I was not sure what would come of it. I started off wanting to drop 25lbs, then 50, then 75. I am now sitting at an 86lb loss and I really need to set new goals for myself.

Goal number one: Get my weight to under 200 lbs, I have not been there since highschool and I know it will feel amazing.

Goal number two: Lose 100 lbs, I have 14 lbs to go, my weight loss has slowed down but I know I can get there and I know that it will feel wonderful to be able to say that I have lost 100 lbs this year!

Goal number three: This is a fitness goal, The Breast Cancer Run for the Cure is in October and I have done it before and walked it very slowly, this year I want to be able to RUN! This is going to be something I have to work hard to achieve but I know that I can do it!

What are your goals? Good luck reaching them!!!

Replies

• 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow you are awesome!!!! You can do it, keep up the great work!!!!!!
  • volliegrl
    volliegrl Posts: 16
    Options
    Hummmm. you know Heather I never set any goals for myself lol!!!! I guess it would be a good idea to set some to strive to achieve them.
    well my first goal would be to lose 20lbs by July 1st only 16 more lbs to go
    second goal would be to lose a total of 40 by Sept 1st
    third goal would be to lose a total of 65 lbs by Nov 31st
  • marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    My goal is to lose my last 25 pounds in the next 12 weeks.
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I know it sounds crazy but I would love to lose atleast 80 pounds before september 9th. Would love to lose atleast 100 pounds before my 26th birthday on November 18th.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I haven' made any solid goals for myself except for:
    1. drop the extra goo I've been tot'n' round (no pun intended)
    ............that's about 85 lbs and one third of that's gone :happy: yea!!
    no time frame, but it would be great to have it off by November (birthday)...
    2. be physically stronger- I guess that means more muscle mass esp. upper body
    3. be physically much more active
    4. fight off the old age monster at every possible turn:devil:

does setting goals with a time frame help, and what do you do when you're out of time?
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My goal is to wear a bikini in August and feel comfortable.One year ago in August is when I joined MFP and my goal is to lose 10 more pounds before August 16. :)
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    I find you to be an inspiration! My goal is to weigh 125. I would be happy with 135, but I want to hit 125 because then I will quit smoking, which I know will add 10 pounds! LOL I am have not weighed in in a while because my scale seems to be broken. It is weighing me at 30 pounds heavier than I started, but I am 2 sizes down... so whatever... I am doing something right! Good luck on your journey, and above all... ke ep up the terrific work!
  • brannick
    brannick Posts: 7
    Options
    I am at 238 now, and I want to be able to nicely wear a bikini this time next year. I am 5'7", so I can look ok in one at 150, but I am aiming for 140.
    My short term goal is to be at 225 by July 4th. I know it isn't a lot, but I'm just starting and don't want to set unrealistic goals so I get discouraged and give up- like I have every other time.
    I've already stuck to it longer than any other time.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Well I try not to set my goals to high so I don't set myself up for failure! That is why my weight loss goal is only 85lbs when really I have more than that I need to lose! I was at my goal weight 10 years ago and felt great, so for now I just want to be back there, THEN If I think I can take off more I will re set my goal!!!!
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    YOu can always come jogging with me a couple time a week....