Boxercise

Options
I just bought David Haye's Box & Tone DVD and did the warm up bit as i am new to it. I came to put it down in my exercises and the closest thing i could find to it was Wii Rythem Boxing. Can someone suggest what i should put it down as so i get the right calorie burn?

Replies

• krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump, come on surely someone out there knows what i should put?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    This is primarily a US site..and everyone's asleep....
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Can you make it a guestimate based on how tough it felt? Were you sweating, breathing heavy etc?
    You could possibly log it as boxercise but that could be higher than what you actually burned.
    If you like really accurate burn readings get a HRM which measures calories :)
  • weffie11
    weffie11 Posts: 91
    Options
    I've just bought that too! I put it down as circuit training as I did the warmup, shadow boxing and circuit training. The warmup alone is exhausting!!!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Personally I use a HRM for things like that (I use Wii My Fitness Coach Cardio Workout which is all boxing based).

It reckons 6-7 min bursts are around 35-40 cals or thereabouts - maybe use that as a rule of thumb... or buy something that "measures" calorie burn and use that....
    I used to use a FitBit previously before I bought the HRM - all estimates but better than nothing, I suppose.
  • weffie11
    weffie11 Posts: 91
    Options
    I use an HRM too - mfp's calorie estimates are way too high for me - usually have to reduce it by 50-100 cals
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a HRM. But if not, then I've used the Wii boxing option before, but i do know its a huge over estimate, when compared with my HRM.
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did a different dvd on Sunday which is boxercise, I ended up logging it as aerobics although I know I probably burnt more doing that.
  • marieneve1
    marieneve1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love the David Hayes dvd. I log it is a general circuit training.
    not sure if that's right or not.