Anyone doing Atkins/Low Carb

Options
jala9656
jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
Looking for friends who are doing Atkins/Low Carb.

Replies

• raelo88
    raelo88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am doing a low carb diet now, but not Atkins. I've done Atkins in the past though, and have lost 45 lbs, so it definitely works! But over the span of a year, I gained it all back. Once I lost the weight, I just went crazy over carbs because I was thin, and thought I could eat without gaining a ton of weight. WRONG. Anyway, I'm back to low carb now, cause it definitely works well! But this time, I'm eating fruits, which Atkins doesn't allow, eating nuts, which Atkins doesn't allow during Induction Phase, and I'm eating beans once in a while if I'm craving starchy carbs, which Atkins doesn't allow. Also, as many vegetables as I please ( and meats of course). Eggplant is my new favorite. =) And tracking the net carb, which My Fitness Pal doesn't do unfortunately, I try to stay under 100 a day. I've lost 4 lbs in about 8 days so far. Anyway, let me know if you need motivation, tips, recipes, etc. I'll be here!
  • ash_83
    ash_83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, i just bought the book and plan to start this week!
  • pirateteacher
    pirateteacher Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do South Beach with is not just low carb, but good carb. It's less restrictive than Atkins. I always lose, especially around the waist with this program. But, the biggest bonus is that I feel so much better.
  • jellitots
    Options
    bump - gotta start Atkins again
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    diets dont work... eat less workout more and you will see results
  • DJoyner260
    DJoyner260 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat the Atkins Diet Foods for snacks, bars or shakes, in the morning of if I need something to eat an hour before I work out but those no carb diets always end up biting you in the butt because you have to have carbs to do any type of workout. Gotta have energy and have it naturally through food and not solely on supplements. Usually if you starve your body of something it will end up creating a craving and can get you in the end by storing fat.
  • BrightStar85
    BrightStar85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do low carb. Feel free to add me :)
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do low carb, trying for under 20 net a day. You can add me, you can never have to many low carb friends.
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am doing Atkins right now. In Induction still and have lost 17 lbs in two and a half weeks. My fiancee has been on it for a month and has lost 15.