I found my GOLDEN TICKET

Options
I have not spent much time online or on this site. Why? Because i have been out enjoying life. finally at 55 I am ready for this program. I don't measure, count calories, exercise insanely, weigh, wake up feeling guilty, go to bed depressed, crave food, binge, spend time looking for the next sure cure for my obesity. Neither do I take diabetes meds or poke my finger anymore.

Why? I went on a 21 day challenge by Dr. Barnard at the PCRM website. I counted each day like I was on a different planet. I played with food, tried to make it look like the garbage I was eating. But when the 21 days was up, I was sold on this new way of eating. The 21 day challenge was up and then I went to Dr. McDougall's site. There a wonderful woman looked at what I was eating and cleaned it up even more.

It's been 3 months this Thursday. I LOVE MY FOOD. I eat when I'm hungry, I feel fantastic. I''ve lost 3 sizes of clothes and nothing fits me. I go bike riding. I no longer crash with diabetes or spike. I take my little containers of food everywhere and for the first time love salads.
Maybe you don't have the health problems I had that made me want to eat this way. But why wait till you do?
I'm not selling anything. I am just so darned happy that I have been given a second chance at a happy life. For the first time, I eat to live, not live to eat. Sure all that junk tastes good. I'm not nuts. But bike riding, swimming, getting up off the couch with ease, is worth a heck of a lot more than a burger or cake.
I miss the friends I've made here so hopefully I will write more often.
Thank you to Dr. Barnard, Dr. McDougall, and mostly Jesus.:smile:

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Awesome....some prayers come in special servings.
    so happy to hear your story:)
  • xeniasimms
    xeniasimms Posts: 72
    Options
    Is this the Vegan diet?
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sorry, I've been gone all day. Yes it is Vegan and No.

This program by these Drs. stress high starch. They don't eat tofu but in very small quantities because it is also a very low fat diet. At least for the people who are trying to lose weight. It also stress high and low density food choices while try to lose weight.

Breads, tortillas, popcorn, are high density and not suggested while dieting.

All I know is my body is making huge changes all for the better. The first 21 days were tough only because of years of eating a certain way. But since then it is now almost 99% a habit for me. I just say when I am in new situtations. 'That is not my food."
    Thanks for the question. kc:smile:
  • kellybelly078
    kellybelly078 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and just started the 21 day challenge myself. I've been on it for about 2 weeks now, and have already seen amazing progress. I have been a type 2 diabetic for almost 8 years, and have finally started seeing some positive changes after making the switch to this diet. I am very excited to see that it is working for others as well!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi kc,

I remember you from the 50+ Women's thread and hadn't seen a post from you in a long while. I am glad you found something that works for you. Dr. MacDougall is a pretty good source of info.

Drop in and give an update, if you have a chance. I know all the "old timers" would be very happy to hear of your success.

Barb
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    So glad you're having success! :flowerforyou: I agree with you! This is the GOLDEN TICKET (IMHO). I have found I feel my best when I eat this way and it's super easy to maintain my weight. There are many other benefits to eating this way besides losing/maintaining weight so for me, it's a life-long way of life.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I thank you for responding. I have been off because my 6 year old got really sick. Vomiting and diarrhea. finally had to have an IV for dehydration. He was doing pretty well then barfed again this morning. But doing better this evening.

Well, enough of that. Yes, to those who have tried McDougalling. I am learning that it's just not Vegan but high starch diet. He has a lot to say about that. I am Type 2 diabetic not on meds. Those things will destroy your kidneys and no one is telling the truth about it.

Just a simple thing like the food we ingest can change out lives. Sure wish I had gotten it through my head sooner. Even now, I look at foods and get off track thinking, oh, just a little. \

Eegads, I'm my worst enemy. But thank God he doesn't give up on me. :wink:

There is another 21 day trial coming up on PCRM's website this September if any are interested. It's where I started. They do things a bit differently than McDougalls, but it was nice to have the encouragement. Be blessed, I gotta hit the sack. kc