I've not lost any weight in 11 days! :) NSV

Options
hannah_ryann
hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
I couldn't be happier that the scale hasn't moved. I've lost 1/2 an inch from my waist AND my hips since the scale hit 168. A year ago, hell, even 4 months ago, I would have been in a deep depression over the fact that my "weight" hasn't changed, but I've got too much to be proud of today to let that little number bother me. I ran almost 2 miles without stopping the day before yesterday. My body fat has gone from aprox. 38 to 34 percent. I feel amazing!

Thank you to the amazing MFP community for teaching me that the number isn't everything, and helping me learn that success in this healthy lifestyle comes in many different forms. You all are wonderful.

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Sometimes those scales just lie!! You are doing great, Keep up the good work!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hannah,
    I am so happy for you!
    There is so much more than just some numbers on a scale.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • cvclifford
    cvclifford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great post - perfect timing. I was feeling discouraged that the weight is not coming off at all - but you reminded me I know my clothes are fitting better/loose and I feel so much more energetic. Thanks!
  • mommadid
    mommadid Posts: 9
    Options
    I haven lost hardly any and just realized (in my sleep) that when I was loosing weight keeping my carbs at or under 180 grams is the only thing that worked for me. Good luck
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    Your body just needs time to adjust. Way to go :)
  • workout_fish
    workout_fish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! If only more people would think like you. :glasses:
  • hannah_ryann
    Options
    Thanks so much, y'all! It took me a LONG time to get to this mindset, but I'm so glad I did. I just get so sad when I see people upset about the number on the scale, and I get sad when I think about how much that number used to mean to me. I saw it in terms of failure or success and I just don't think it's healthy to put so much of your daily happiness at stake on one number.

:flowerforyou:
  • joannegmartin9
    Options
    Not gaining is the most important part. And if you feel better, that's the bonus :) Keep up the good work!!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Girl that is so awesome! You have such s great attitude and that's half the battle! Congrats!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Great to hear. The scale is not our friend, just a guide. You are doing great!
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I wish more folks here had this positive and healthy attitude. It isn't about the scale always moving -- if we are making good choices, there are changes we can't even see going on in our bodies -- our bodies are getting healthier and stronger and sometimes this doesn't show on a scale OR a tape measure.

Keep up the great attitude and the great work!
  • MissBellatrix116
    MissBellatrix116 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Way to go!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a great NSV and I think it's awesome you've reached that point where you can honestly say that the number on the scale doesn't define you! I've been at it for more than a year now and I can't say the same even if I'm really working on that. Proud of you! xx
  • hannah_ryann
    Options
    Great to hear. The scale is not our friend, just a guide. You are doing great!

You're definitely right the scale isn't our friend. It's been refreshing that I can emotionally detach from the scale and realize it's not ALL about the numbers. Thanks to everyone for commenting and showing support!
  • slimline1
    slimline1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Plateauing is a normal feature in dieting, body gets used to consumption and sometimes requires a kick start.

I chucked my scales out last year and had a shock when I tried my friend's one day and found I had put on over a stone!! I have now bought some more, but like you I am not going to get paranoid about a few pounds, just want to make sure I don't go down the slippery slope again. Also this site is a godsend. :happy:
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Going by how you feel is a much better gauge on your success. Keep up the good work and positive attitude!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!