Options
(¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯)So I am LOVING♥♥♥ lately...SALAD WITH SALSA

3 cups Romaine lettuce,
1/2 avacado
4 oz chicken sliced
1/2 cottage cheese
2 tbsp Hot salsa
1 oz cheddar cheese

This is my new thing that I crave and I really like it. I was getting so sick of dressing on my salad and so I tried this and love it. Sometimes I throw this all into a whole wheat 80 cal tortilla, after I heat it up in the burner, and make a wrap. I love it that way too.

So what is your favorite lunch...(¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯)

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I love this salad for lunch

Romaine lettuce
    shredded carrots
    sliced radish
    almonds
    light string cheese
    fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing

YUMMY! :love:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Oh my stars that sounds yummy!!! I'll put it on the list:wink:
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    YUMMY! Now you've got me wanting a taco salad! I'm keeping your recipe! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I eat lots of salad, and put so many different things into it....avacado, fruit, nuts, veggies, etc.....the possibilities are endless!
    My favorite lunch is my tuna salad since it's very high in protein.

Can of albacore tuna (rinsed or low sodium)
    2 tablespoons of mayo
    2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
    cherry tomatoes
    sliced cukes
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you're a salsa lover you may like this recipe I discovered a while back. It's filling and delicious and soooooo easy to make.

* 1/2 c prepared whole wheat couscous
    -(the brand I use is Casbah organic whole wheat--if you make a single serving it will be good for two meals)
    * 1/3 c salsa
    * 1/2c black beans -- I use canned, I just rinse them and heat them in the microwave for a minute or two
    * 1/4c corn

Layer the ingredients in a bowl in that order. I like to add a table spoon of low fat or fat free sour cream on top. Very high in fiber and protein. Yummy!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love salsa on salad. I just had a spinach and salsa salad about an hour ago! :tongue:
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    YUMMY! Now you've got me wanting a taco salad! I'm keeping your recipe! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I eat lots of salad, and put so many different things into it....avacado, fruit, nuts, veggies, etc.....the possibilities are endless!
    My favorite lunch is my tuna salad since it's very high in protein.

Can of albacore tuna (rinsed or low sodium)
    2 tablespoons of mayo
    2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
    cherry tomatoes
    sliced cukes

Oh yummm... and I have all these in my pantry... yea!!!!
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh duh... I didn't answer the question... got too excited about that salad

My fave food period is roast chicken breast...
    you make dice it, chop it, shred it... into sooo many different things
    or just make a different chicken or chicken salad sandwich...

I always make 1 or 2 extra pieces when I cook anything in the oven...
    my son just took MY lunch and shredded it for his quesadilla lol
    oh well... I'm having that salad anyway... he he
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    If you're a salsa lover you may like this recipe I discovered a while back. It's filling and delicious and soooooo easy to make.

-(the brand I use is Casbah organic whole wheat--if you make a single serving it will be good for two meals)
    * 1/3 c salsa
    * 1/2c black beans -- I use canned, I just rinse them and heat them in the microwave for a minute or two
    * 1/4c corn

Layer the ingredients in a bowl in that order. I like to add a table spoon of low fat or fat free sour cream on top. Very high in fiber and protein. Yummy!

K So this sounds really yummy and I am a HUGE salsa lover. I have never even heard of couscous. I will have figure out how to cook it. THANKS!
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options

* 1/3 c salsa
    * 1/4c corn

K So this sounds really yummy and I am a HUGE salsa lover. I have never even heard of couscous. I will have figure out how to cook it. THANKS!

You're very welcome :smile:
    It's the easiest thing on the planet to cook, even quicker and easier than rice. I had never made it until I joined the Biggest Loser club a couple years ago. I hope you like it!
    The package will give you the directions and amounts, but basically you boil water, throw in the couscous, stir, cover with a lid, take it off the heat right away, let it sit for 5 minutes and voila! It's done.

Couscous is also really good when you make it with chicken or vegetable broth instead of water (more sodium though) and then add mixed vegetables and spices (play with whatever seasonings you like). The other day I did that with green giant frozen mixed veggies, raisins, a bit of crumbled feta with some thai seasoning and then had a small grilled chicken breast with cajun seasoning on the side. Mmmmmmm :)
  • wannalive
    wannalive Posts: 14
    Options
    Whole wheat pita with chick peas, tomatoes, onions, and a little vinegar, and a dollop of hummus.
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    All these sound delish!

I like 2 Rykrisp crackers topped with whipped cream cheese, ham and dill pickle.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch is A peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a bowl of strawberries. :) In fact, thats what I am planning for my lunch today.
    I also love making a tuna wrap for lunch with flatout wraps and the sandwich-ready tuna pouches. With a bowl of strawberries. (I go through a ton of strawberries every week. haha) I always feel somethings missing if I don't have strawberrries of some kind of fruit with any type of wrap or sandwich. :P