SNACKS TO LOOSE BELLY FAT

Options
prudism
prudism Posts: 149 Member
Came across this so I thought I would share it here, The article said eat more fat to loose belly fat.
Tell me what you all think

7 days of Healthy Flat Belly Snacks:
Monday: ½ cup of peanuts and 1 apple
Tuesday: Rye bread and mashed avocado (mash the avocado with a fork and spread on your sandwich)
Wednesday: Herring on whole wheat toast topped with halved cherry tomatoes
Thursday: 1/2 cup of pistachio nuts and 1 banana
Friday: Marinated olives, your favorite raw nuts and some cucumber pickles.
Saturday: Baby carrots with guacamole dip.
Sunday: Flat stomach smoothie: ½ cup of natural yogurt, 200 grams frozen berries, ½ banana, 1 tablespoon rolled oats, 4 cup of your favorite juice, a pinch of natural vanilla.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I think it's April 1st and nobody told me!!
    :wink:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this before. It has to do with adding the right type of fats into your diet and reducing the unhealthy fats. I have not tried it but the snacks sound healthy.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The snacks sound great, but I doubt if they will magic away belly fat.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty, won't do a darn thing for belly fat specifically.
  • patsnyder89
    Options
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to spot reduce fat, you cannot lose fat where u desire. the only way to lose fat in a particular area is to lose fat as a whole and eventually it will come down. period thats it
  • prudism
    Options
    Thats what I thought before MFP I would have researched it and fallen for some of the ravings lol but since joining MFP I understand you cant spot loose etc I know part of diet they are some good fats to incorporate but thats about it
    thanx guys just what I was thinking
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I imagine if you are eating snacks like potato chips and chocolate and cake all the time then I imagine substituting those snacks would help cut your belly fat over several weeks as you would be reducing the sugar and satisfying yourself on good fats,
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Lol, no. Just no. And if I never heard the words belly fat again, it would be too soon!!
  • prudism
    Options
    some of it sounds quite tasty
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Regardless of whether it reduces belly fat, I do thank her for sharing these healthy snacks.

There are foods which reduce belly bloat. She may have meant to type the word, "bloat" vs "fat". This is proven. I have done a "belly bloat" reduction diet many times. Jillian Michaels has one I love to use after vacations, I lose 5 lbs in three days and my stomach puffiness goes down.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    So basically eat a low calorie high in healthy fat and and good whole foods and you will lose weight..

*rocket science*

p.s. you can't spot lose.. if you could i'd have a super thin middle, bigger boobs and a perfect butt already. *lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat candy sometimes for snacks, and I'm losing belly fat. Eat in a deficit, and the belly fat will come off.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I think it's April 1st and nobody told me!!
    :wink:

This made me laugh a little. I am glad I hate most of the foods on this list. Im not an avocado or guacamole eater and I really dont like pistacios ... and I cannot remember what else was listed, but I am pretty sure there was only a couple things I would actually eat.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Came across this so I thought I would share it here, The article said eat more fat to loose belly fat.
    Tell me what you all think

7 days of Healthy Flat Belly Snacks:
    Monday: ½ cup of peanuts and 1 apple
    Tuesday: Rye bread and mashed avocado (mash the avocado with a fork and spread on your sandwich)
    Wednesday: Herring on whole wheat toast topped with halved cherry tomatoes
    Thursday: 1/2 cup of pistachio nuts and 1 banana
    Friday: Marinated olives, your favorite raw nuts and some cucumber pickles.
    Saturday: Baby carrots with guacamole dip.
    Sunday: Flat stomach smoothie: ½ cup of natural yogurt, 200 grams frozen berries, ½ banana, 1 tablespoon rolled oats, 4 cup of your favorite juice, a pinch of natural vanilla.

Well.....these are some really tasty healthy snacks. BUT....they don't have any miracle properties for reducing belly fat.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    1. Lose, not loose
    2. You can't spot reduce fat
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Healthy is also in the timing. So don't keep your blood sugar elevated at all times and don't wear out your pancreas. Have the three standard meals and a mid-afternoon snack. See books by the cream of the crop such as Mark Hyman, Joel Fuhrman and Jillian Michaels for details.
  • mmapags
    Options
    Healthy is also in the timing. So don't keep your blood sugar elevated at all times and don't wear out your pancreas. Have the three standard meals and a mid-afternoon snack. See books by the cream of the crop such as Mark Hyman, Joel Fuhrman and Jillian Michaels for details.

Cream of the crop? Looks like the cavalcade of bozos to me.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Oh lord.:laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think there are no specific foods that target belly fat (gain or loss).

But eating more healthy fats may keep you satiated and therefore cause you to eat less calories overall, which may lead to fat loss, including belly fat.

Edit: typo
  • mmapags
    Options
    Wow, day for the rudies from within to rear their ugly heads. She was only posting this to be nice and share something with you. Whether you find her right or wrong, is no reason to be hateful. A simple, "thanks for sharing, but I don't believe it works" would have been nice, but really many of you act like you are socially delayed or are junior high students posing as adults. I don't see any reason to be hateful to ANYONE unless they are sleeping with your husband, or plotting to get you fired.

I am trying to figure out why it is so popular on MFP to attack or put down without consideration or politeness. I don't know if it is a "trend" on here which has caught on like wildfire or if it is people from another country (I haven't checked) and that is just how it's done there - "the norm" but I don't think I have ever seen it before, not even on Facebook.

Just uncalled for.

Well I'm sure your post will make all the difference.