My Personal NSV- 2 Months into MFP

Options
cook6609
cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
I had a major NSV this past weekend. My family (extended and immediate) is getting family pictures this weekend. I already knew that my clothes were EXTREMELY loose due to loosing 30lbs, but I never knew exactly how much in clothes sizes. Back in December, before I started MFP, I wore size 18 pants (fit perfectly) and 1X/2X shirt (depending on the make/style). Bra waist band size was a 40. Another thing I couldn't do before was buy clothes at the mall (unless it was plus size clothes). The clothes would either be to tight (I don't like tight fitting clothes on me).

Well, back to my weekend. My hubby and I went to our local mall. I went into a clothing store in which I've always loved their clothes, but could never fit into it. I grab a size 16 pants. I was extremely nervous when I went to try them on. I even gave my self a little pep talking telling myself that "it's ok if the pants don't fit, I've lost 30lbs so far and that's a big achievement." I put on the size 16 pants, and they fit!!!! I was soooo excited. However, this story gets better. They had a sale on some of their jeans, so I grabbed the sale style and saw the size 14 pants. I was curious as to how much farther I had to go to fit in a size 14. I tried on the size 14 pants, and they fit perfectly (the way jeans are suppose to fit)!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: I was VERY happy!!!! I had dropped two pant sizes in 2 months!!!

For shirts, I can now fit a size XL!!! For bras, I dropped a size there as well ( from a 40 to a 38)!!! It has been the best NSV weekend for me!!! I can't wait to show off my new size and new clothes to my family this weekend!!! I still have quite a distance to go in my journey, but this is the "treat" that I needed to remind me that I'm doing the right thing!!! It's so worth it :wink:

I know to some that this doesn't seem like a huge success, but for someone like me who has been in size 18 pants for 5 or more years, it is a HUGE success for me.

Replies

• MollieA912
    MollieA912 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • grward612
    grward612 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is SUPER great!!! I love all your excitement in your post ... it's got me all excited to lose weight!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • aNewMeAt43
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to be that girl in the mall too!!! Thanks for inspiring!:happy:
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You should've seen me in the stores. The sales women probably thought I was crazy!!! lol....
  • cumberlandsouth
    cumberlandsouth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for you. Nothing makes you feel better than putting on something that you thought wouldn't fit you and it does....it's a great moment and I know you are going to have alot more great moments ahead. :) Keep up the good work, you deserve it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!