I don't know what to do!!!

Options
I've been working out doing cardio and keeping a high protein low carb and low fat diet. My protein comes mainly from fish protein shakes,eggs stuff like that. It's been a while now and I've just lost 1/2 in a while. What's wrong?? Please help

Replies

• bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    low carb, low fat is your problem.
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    I know people are going to ask right away--we need more details, height, how much to lose, how many calories are you eating, do you eat back your exercise, are you following ISOARM, etc etc.

If you make your diary public we could see what you are doing and offer more constructive advice.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    low carb, low fat is your problem.

I agree.

You're not eating enough carbs to support your constant cardio. Carbs = energy. Whole grains are your friends!
    You're also eliminating fats... not sure why. Fats are your friends, they keep you full and healthy. It also aids in digestion of other food, aka helps you lose weight. I'm not talking about mcdonalds, I'm talking about peanut butter and avocado and nuts. Protein is good, but you can't just get rid of the other two macros.
  • 17forbes
    17forbes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi folks
    i am trying MFP out as all else has failed, not sure how it works exactly do i try and keep my "net calories" @ 1200 or just my "calories"
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Add weight training!
  • alexandra102075
    Options
    I know people are going to ask right away--we need more details, height, how much to lose, how many calories are you eating, do you eat back your exercise, are you following ISOARM, etc etc.

If you make your diary public we could see what you are doing and offer more constructive advice.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You need to net a MINUMUM of 1200. Its a goal to hit it, not go under it. Have a couple of days at 1400-1500, it won't hurt!
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    Hi folks
    i am trying MFP out as all else has failed, not sure how it works exactly do i try and keep my "net calories" @ 1200 or just my "calories"

I think you are in the wrong place, and need to create your own topic.

However, before you do so, do a quick search for 1200 calories and you will find hundreds of already posted discussions, especially about how 1200 is unsustainable. Good luck!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Losing weight requires maintaining a calorie deficit - burning more calories than you eat. You need to understand what your daily energy expenditure is, and track your calories so you eat less than that. Are you doing that?
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hi folks

It is net calories. You have to eat back your calories but if you use the mfp numbers for exercise calories burnt, eat at 65% as it is overestimates.

Read this thread, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
    do quick calculations with http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    eat above BMR and try TDEE-15% for your age (but I do not know your height/weight/exercise regimen)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hi folks

Keep your net calories at goal. You need to eat more when you exercise. And make sure your goal is realistic. If you don't have a lot to lose trying to lose 2 lbs per week may be too aggressive. I'm assuming that is your setting since MFP has your calories set as 1200.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've been working out doing cardio and keeping a high protein low carb and low fat diet. My protein comes mainly from fish protein shakes,eggs stuff like that. It's been a while now and I've just lost 1/2 in a while. What's wrong?? Please help

How much do you have to lose? Have you measured? Are you losing any inches?