Hello

Options
Hi my name is Beth, I am 28 years old, 100+ lbs overweight, and I have doing MFP for 6 weeks, and I have lost 30 lbs! I am very happy with how far I have come but I still have a long way to go. Even tho I have lost a significant amount of weight I still lake the motivation to continue. I know that I have a food addiction and during the past 6 weeks I have had several binge days. Last May we lost my Grandmother to Kidney Disease she was only 65. She was overweight and developed Adult Diabetes which then led to the Kidney Disease and so on and so forth. I do not want that to happen to me and everyone tells me that I remind them so much of her and that terrifies me....to have seen all the pain she went through and know that it could have been prevented. So I am here looking for new ideas...I do The Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout 4 days a week for 30 mins then I do Richard Simmons Party Off the Pounds workout 30 mins and calisthenics for 15 mins for the other 3 days. But to be honest most days I dont feel like doing anything, but I have managed to push myself. I am alone in my struggles as my whole family and my husband are of average weight but I have a long way to go. So I guess I'm just looking for some support and motivation and to maybe make a new friend or 2.

Replies

• CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth,

I'm sorry for your loss. Feel free to add me to help you stay motivated! You can do this - you're already on the right track, just don't give up yourself yet.
  • Landman3535
    Landman3535 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I could use a couple of friends for support as well. Feel free to send me a friend request. I am 31 years old, mother of 1, and am hypothyroid (meaning it does not work properly). I need to lose about 20 lbs, but 30 would be amazing since that is what my driver's license.

My main problem is a candy/sugar addiction. I really have a difficult time with it!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    STAY WITH IT! It will be worth it. You have already lost more than I have lost in a whole year. Just keep watching the calories, eat healthy, and get moving. You will feel better physically, and better about yourself. You will LIKE the way you look. When you work out, do one morepushup, or one more situp, or one more of anything. It will all add up to a healhier, happier, you. Go get 'em.
  • Susan0279
    Susan0279 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am sorry for your loss. I understand about not feeling motivated to do anything. I think that happens to everyone. It sounds like you are on the right track though. Feel free to add me as a friend. I also need more friends for support!
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth! Great job on the past six weeks! That's awesome! Sent you a friend request too - I'm sure we can help each other succeed! I still have a way to go myself too, but we can do this!
  • June2268
    June2268 Posts: 37
    Options
    WOW 30 lbs in 6 weeks is awesome as I have only lost a few and now onto week 4.......I sent you a request as we can motivate each other!!
  • Bethnevergivesup
    Options
    Thank you everyone I really appreciate all the encouragement and condolences. Thank you to all who sent me friend requests as well and if you offered it to me I sent you one :)
  • Bethnevergivesup
    Options
    Thanks again
  • Bethnevergivesup
    Options
    I could use a couple of friends for support as well. Feel free to send me a friend request. I am 31 years old, mother of 1, and am hypothyroid (meaning it does not work properly). I need to lose about 20 lbs, but 30 would be amazing since that is what my driver's license.

My main problem is a candy/sugar addiction. I really have a difficult time with it!

My problem is salty snacks....and seriously they will be the death of me if I dont give them up